PHOTOS: Fire Guts Heart Sushi in Mississauga
One of Mississauga's most popular all-you-can-eat restaurants, Heart Sushi, suffered a devastating blow when a fire broke out inside the restaurant in the early hours of Tuesday morning (Oct. 24).
The brand—which operates another location in the Heartland Town Centre area—has temporarily lost its newer Bristol and Hurontario location.
According to Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services, eight trucks attended the fire—along with three support vehicles, a command team and 35 firefighters.
Platoon Chief Daniel Ennamorato said that inspectors believe the fire, which has not been deemed suspicious, began in the kitchen area.
Fortunately, no injuries have been reported in connection with the fire.
"The restaurant is completely gutted and the roof has been affected," says Ennamorato, who added that two other restaurants, popular Hakk resto Bombay Chopsticks and Naan Kabob, were also hit.
The nearby CIBC bank was temporarily shut down, but Ennamorato said he expected it would reopen shortly.
The damage has been clocked at roughly $500,000.
Diners who enjoy Heart Sushi can still attend the restaurant’s Heartland location.
- Paramedics Report Highway Accident in Mississauga
- This is How Much Doug Ford's Government Cost Mississauga
- New York-Based Fitness Company Opening Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Federal Government To Ban These Cruel and Unusual Acts
- UPDATE: Male Arrested for Sexual Assaults in Mississauga and Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fire Starts Back Up at Heart Sushi in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Multiple Popular Restaurants Affected by Massive Fire
- PHOTOS: Here's What Happened to a Mississauga Restaurant Gutted by Fire
- Fire Damages Classrooms at Port Credit Secondary in Mississauga
- New Opening: Heart Sushi Sandalwood Square