CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Multiple Popular Restaurants Affected by Massive Fire
One of Mississauga’s most popular all-you-can-eat sushi joints has been completely gutted by an early morning two-alarm blaze that fire crews believe started in the restaurant’s kitchen area.
At 6:11 a.m. this morning, Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services was called to the fire, which has also affected other units in the Hurontario St. and Bristol Rd. plaza. According to Mississauga Fire, eight trucks attended the fire, along with three support vehicles, a command team and 35 firefighters.
“It started at the Heart Sushi, we believe in the kitchen area. Inspectors are on scene now,” says Platoon Chief Daniel Ennamorato.
No injuries have been reported in connection with the fire.
“The restaurant is completely gutted and the roof has been affected,” says Ennamorato, who added that two other restaurants and a bank were also hit.
The other affected establishments include Bombay Chopsticks and Naan Kabob. A CIBC bank has been been temporarily closed as a result of the blaze, but should reopen this morning.
Ennamorato says the cause of the fire is not known at this time and is currently under investigation.
The blaze has not been deemed suspicious.
“It doesn’t look suspicious,” he says.
The fire has caused up to $500,000 in damages.
Here’s a dashcam video of the blaze, courtesy of YouTube user wtfmate
- Police Investigating Shots Fired into Mississauga Residence
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- Police Make One of the Largest Gun Seizures in Region’s History
- Police Searching for Missing Mississauga Male
- Report Suggests Criminal Money is Driving Up Housing Prices in the GTA
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fire Starts Back Up at Heart Sushi in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Fire Guts Heart Sushi in Mississauga
- Here’s What’s Happening with a Restaurant That Was Destroyed by a Fire in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Firefighter Injured While Fighting Blaze at Mississauga Deli
- Fire Damages Classrooms at Port Credit Secondary in Mississauga