CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fire Starts Back Up at Heart Sushi in Mississauga
Another blaze appears to have broken out at the Heart Sushi restaurant at Bristol and Hurontario in Mississauga.
East and westbound Bristol Rd. has been blocked at Hwy 10. North and southbound Hwy 10 has been blocked at Bristol.
Around 3:00 p.m., a reader sent inSauga.com a video showing the roof of the restaurant up in flames.
Peel police say that Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services have confirmed that the blaze is back and the roof is currently on fire.
According to police, the restaurant has becom engulfed in flames.
No injuries have been reported in connection with the fire, as the buildings were kept clear of people after the initial fire broke out in the morning.
According to Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services, eight trucks attended the fire after it was initially reported at 6:11 a.m. this morning—along with three support vehicles, a command team and 35 firefighters.
Platoon Chief Daniel Ennamorato said that inspectors believe the fire, which has not been deemed suspicious, began in the kitchen area.
“The restaurant is completely gutted and the roof has been affected,” says Ennamorato, who added that two other restaurants, popular Hakka resto Bombay Chopsticks and Naan Kabob, were also hit.
The nearby CIBC bank was temporarily shut down as well.
The damage was estimated at $500,000 this morning.
Diners who enjoy Heart Sushi can still attend the restaurant’s Heartland location.
Fire crews are still on scene attempting to contain the blaze.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Multiple Popular Restaurants Affected by Massive Fire
- PHOTOS: Fire Guts Heart Sushi in Mississauga
- Here’s What’s Happening with a Restaurant That Was Destroyed by a Fire in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Police And Fire Department Respond To Fire At Mississauga Restaurant
- PHOTOS: Here's What Happened to a Mississauga Restaurant Gutted by Fire
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU