Victim ID'd in Fatal Mississauga Crash
A 58-year-old Milton man has been identified as the victim in a fatal Mississauga crash and Peel police are asking witnesses to come forward.
"No charges have been laid yet," said Const. Harinder Sohi.
Emergency crews were dispatched to Hurontario St. and Ambassador Dr. - that's just north of Courtneypark Dr., close to the Brampton-Mississauga border - at 6:55 a.m. on June 28.
A black Kia travelling southbound on Hurontario St. was turning left onto Ambassador, colliding with a grey Ford pickup truck heading north.
Dale Leneve was riding in the front passenger seat of the Kia and was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
The driver of the Kia had to be extricated. He suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries and was transported to a Toronto trauma centre.
The Ford driver received minor injuries. He was taken to a local hospital.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident, or have information regarding the actions of the drivers prior to the crash.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the major collision bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Police Seeking Witnesses in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Victims ID'd in Horrific Crash on Mississauga-Oakville Border
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Senior Seriously Injured in Crash in Mississauga
- Life-threatening injuries reported following collision in Brampton
- Trudeau pushes back against travel restrictions as Mississauga's Pearson Airport continues to see COVID-19 cases
- One postal code in Mississauga has a startling 21% COVID-19 positivity rate
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- MAYORS CHAT: Brampton Mayor Patrick Brown chats COVID-19, vaccines and the India flight ban – May 7, 2021
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream