Victim ID'd in Fatal Mississauga Crash
A 58-year-old Milton man has been identified as the victim in a fatal Mississauga crash and Peel police are asking witnesses to come forward.
"No charges have been laid yet," said Const. Harinder Sohi.
Emergency crews were dispatched to Hurontario St. and Ambassador Dr. - that's just north of Courtneypark Dr., close to the Brampton-Mississauga border - at 6:55 a.m. on June 28.
A black Kia travelling southbound on Hurontario St. was turning left onto Ambassador, colliding with a grey Ford pickup truck heading north.
Dale Leneve was riding in the front passenger seat of the Kia and was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
The driver of the Kia had to be extricated. He suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries and was transported to a Toronto trauma centre.
The Ford driver received minor injuries. He was taken to a local hospital.
Investigators are appealing for witnesses who may have seen the collision, have dashboard video footage of the incident, or have information regarding the actions of the drivers prior to the crash.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the major collision bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3710 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
- Mississauga Woman Celebrating Following Big Lotto Win
- Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019
- Man Charged in Sex Assault Involving Children in Mississauga
- One of the Tallest Buildings in Canada is coming to Mississauga
- What are the Oldest Neighbourhoods in Mississauga?
- Police Seeking Witnesses in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Milton Man Charged With Impaired Driving in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- Victims ID'd in Horrific Crash on Mississauga-Oakville Border
- Police Identify Victim of Fatal Collision in Misissauga
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga