One Person Killed and Two Injured in Mississauga Crash
One person is dead and two others are in hospital - one in serious condition - following a crash in north Mississauga on Wednesday morning.
“We got the call at 6:57 a.m.,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Mark Fischer.
Emergency crews rushed to the scene at Hurontario St. and Ambassador Dr. just north of Courtneypark.
The crash involved a car and truck.
A male in the car was found without vital signs. Peel paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Fire crews are working on extricating a second person who’s possibly unconscious.
The truck driver is also going to hospital “with what appears to be minor injuries,” said Fischer.
The major collision bureau is heading to the scene.
Northbound lanes of Hurontario are closed at Courtney Park, with southbound lanes closed at Superior.
Westbound Ambassador is closed at Edwards.
UPDATE: Hurontario and Ambassador are open again in all directions.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Residents Warned of Possible New CRA Fraud in Mississauga
- Police Appeal to Identify Suspect in Dog Bite Investigation
- MISSING: 15-Year-Old Female From Mississauga
- Unique Halloween Event Taking Place at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Mississauga Will Soon Find Out if It’ll be Amazon’s New Home