One Person Killed and Two Injured in Mississauga Crash
One person is dead and two others are in hospital - one in serious condition - following a crash in north Mississauga on Wednesday morning.
“We got the call at 6:57 a.m.,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Mark Fischer.
Emergency crews rushed to the scene at Hurontario St. and Ambassador Dr. just north of Courtneypark.
The crash involved a car and truck.
A male in the car was found without vital signs. Peel paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene.
Fire crews are working on extricating a second person who’s possibly unconscious.
The truck driver is also going to hospital “with what appears to be minor injuries,” said Fischer.
The major collision bureau is heading to the scene.
Northbound lanes of Hurontario are closed at Courtney Park, with southbound lanes closed at Superior.
Westbound Ambassador is closed at Edwards.
UPDATE: Hurontario and Ambassador are open again in all directions.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- One person in hospital and multiple lanes closed following crash on 401 in Mississauga
- One person pronounced dead following three-vehicle crash in Mississauga
- Victim ID'd in Fatal Mississauga Crash
- 1 Dead, 2 Injured in Mississauga Crash
- One Person Dead and Six in Hospital After Early Morning Crash in Mississauga
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- VIDEO: All lanes blocked on Hwy 401 due to multiple vehicles pile up in Mississauga
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Provinces look to mix COVID-19 vaccines in light of changing supply
- Mississauga, Brampton to lift restrictions once Ontario's COVID numbers are "well below" 1,000 daily cases