This area in Mississauga has almost 20% COVID-19 positivity, 4th highest in Ontario
Six areas in Mississauga are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, with one at almost 20%.
Toronto-based research group ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of May 16 to 22.
Of the top 50 listed, six are in Mississauga (compared to five during the previous week):
L4X at 19.39% (area of Bloor and Fieldgate)
4th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (5th during previous week)
L4Z at 14.56% (area of Hurontario and Bristol Rd E)
12th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (46th during previous week)
L5B at 13.81% (area of Hurontario from Hwy 403 to QEW)
18th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (48th during previous week)
L5A at 12.98% (area of Bloor and Central Pkwy E)
25th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (44th during previous week)
L4W at 12.82% (area of Highway 401 and Pearson Airport)
27th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L4T at 12.80% (area of Goreway and Morning Star)
28th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (8th during previous week)
For the same week, Brampton had eight areas listed in the top 50.
The same data for the week indicates that out of all of Ontario’s 34 public health units, Peel Region (Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon) once again has the worst COVID-19 percent positivity in the province.
For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of May 16 was 6.2%, a drop from 7.2% the previous week.
Ontario has reached 57% overall vaccine coverage among those aged 12 and up, a 3% increase from the previous week.
The full data is available to read here.
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- 5 areas in Mississauga that have the highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Milton and Georgetown areas that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other