These homes just sold for under $500,000 in Mississauga
If you're hoping to purchase a home—especially as a first-time homebuyer—in 2020, you will face a challenging market defined by low inventory and high prices (which appear to be climbing higher).
But you'll also enjoy low interest rates and, if you qualify, help from the federal government's First-Time Home Buyer Incentive.
Penelope Graham, the managing editor of real estate brokerage and website Zoocasa, says that the current dearth in housing supply (just 335 homes hit the market in December 2019) has driven the average home price up to $799,593 in Mississauga.
While the supply and demand imbalance is tough, there are homes available for under $500,000 in the city.
Here's a look at some affordable homes that hit the market in late 2019.
All info and images courtesy of Zoocasa
This one-bedroom, one-bathroom, 500+ square foot unit just sold for $285,000 after being listed for $275,000. The suite, which is good for investors or first-time buyers who don't mind giving the place a little TLC, offers a large balcony and proximity to shopping and transit.
This approximately 499 square foot bachelor suite offers one bathroom and no parking space, but it's a pretty rare find in the city. The unit just sold for $325,000 after being listed for $354,900, and it offers ensuite laundry, a back door exit to the patio, low condo fees and a pretty prime location.
This 599 square foot condo boasts one bedroom, one bathroom and one parking spot. It sold for $364,000 after being listed for $361,000, and it features an open-concept living, dining and kitchen combo and additional cabinets in the kitchen.
This two-bedroom, one-bathroom unit boasts up to 799 square feet of space and two parking spaces (which is rare). The unit sold for $373,000 after being listed for $375,000, and the building features a gym, party room, tennis court, sauna, outdoor pool, children's playground and visitor parking.
This one-bedroom, one-bathroom unit spans about 599 square feet and offers one parking spot. It sold for $380,000 after being listed for $395,000. It offers laminate flooring, ensuite laundry, a modern kitchen and double sinks.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- PHOTOS: The most (and least) affordable homes being sold in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: A look at the most (and least) expensive homes that just sold in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: The swankiest homes that just sold in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: The cheapest (and most expensive houses) sold in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: The cheapest--and fanciest houses--sold in Mississauga