Road Currently Blocked Due to Fire Investigation in Mississauga
A road closure is in effect this morning due to the massive blaze that broke out Friday evening in Mississauga.
Police reported around 10:45 a.m. that Tannery Street from Joymar to Broadway Street will be blocked off to all pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
Investigators with the Ontario Fire Marshal are expected to attend the scene sometime within the next hour, police say.
Residents and drivers should avoid the area.
UPDATE: The fire is currently under control. All residents who were evacuated as a precaution have returned to their homes.
UPDATE: (9:55 p.m.) Tannery Street has reopened. The investigation into the cause of the fire is ongoing.
- Police Warning Residents to Ignore Robbery Hoax Circulating in Mississauga
- Mississauga’s LRT Could be in Danger of Cancellation
- Police Asking for Public Help Identifying Female Victim in Mississauga
- Winter Weather Travel Advisory is in Effect for Mississauga
- Traffic Lights in Mississauga Will be Out For Several Hours Following Collision