Road Currently Blocked Due to Fire Investigation in Mississauga
A road closure is in effect this morning due to the massive blaze that broke out Friday evening in Mississauga.
Police reported around 10:45 a.m. that Tannery Street from Joymar to Broadway Street will be blocked off to all pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
Investigators with the Ontario Fire Marshal are expected to attend the scene sometime within the next hour, police say.
Residents and drivers should avoid the area.
UPDATE: The fire is currently under control. All residents who were evacuated as a precaution have returned to their homes.
UPDATE: (9:55 p.m.) Tannery Street has reopened. The investigation into the cause of the fire is ongoing.
- Investigation Into Massive Fire in Mississauga Has Concluded
- VIDEO & UPDATES: Massive Fire Breaks Out in Mississauga
- Police and Fire Department on Scene for Active Fire in Mississauga
- Part of Street Blocked Following Fire in Mississauga
- Residents Asked to Avoid Area of Residential Fire in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Mississauga man charged after hate-motivated incident
- Restaurant evacuated due to fire in Mississauga