Road Currently Blocked Due to Fire Investigation in Mississauga
A road closure is in effect this morning due to the massive blaze that broke out Friday evening in Mississauga.
Police reported around 10:45 a.m. that Tannery Street from Joymar to Broadway Street will be blocked off to all pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
Investigators with the Ontario Fire Marshal are expected to attend the scene sometime within the next hour, police say.
Residents and drivers should avoid the area.
UPDATE: The fire is currently under control. All residents who were evacuated as a precaution have returned to their homes.
UPDATE: (9:55 p.m.) Tannery Street has reopened. The investigation into the cause of the fire is ongoing.
- Brawl Breaks Out Involving Knives at an Intersection in Mississauga
- Jagmeet Singh Comments On Justin Trudeau's Picture Wearing Brownface
- Police Responding to a Robbery Involving a Gun in Mississauga
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- Picture of Justin Trudeau in Brownface at 2001 ‘Arabian Nights’ Party Surfaces
- Investigation Into Massive Fire in Mississauga Has Concluded
- VIDEO & UPDATES: Massive Fire Breaks Out in Mississauga
- Police and Fire Department on Scene for Active Fire in Mississauga
- Part of Street Blocked Following Fire in Mississauga
- Residents Asked to Avoid Area of Residential Fire in Mississauga