Road Currently Blocked Due to Fire Investigation in Mississauga
A road closure is in effect this morning due to the massive blaze that broke out Friday evening in Mississauga.
Police reported around 10:45 a.m. that Tannery Street from Joymar to Broadway Street will be blocked off to all pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
Investigators with the Ontario Fire Marshal are expected to attend the scene sometime within the next hour, police say.
Residents and drivers should avoid the area.
UPDATE: The fire is currently under control. All residents who were evacuated as a precaution have returned to their homes.
UPDATE: (9:55 p.m.) Tannery Street has reopened. The investigation into the cause of the fire is ongoing.
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic