Road Currently Blocked Due to Fire Investigation in Mississauga
A road closure is in effect this morning due to the massive blaze that broke out Friday evening in Mississauga.
Police reported around 10:45 a.m. that Tannery Street from Joymar to Broadway Street will be blocked off to all pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
Investigators with the Ontario Fire Marshal are expected to attend the scene sometime within the next hour, police say.
Residents and drivers should avoid the area.
UPDATE: The fire is currently under control. All residents who were evacuated as a precaution have returned to their homes.
UPDATE: (9:55 p.m.) Tannery Street has reopened. The investigation into the cause of the fire is ongoing.
- Former Mississauga Mayoral Candidate Charged with Hate-Motivated Crime
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga Candidate Gets into Heated Argument with Voters over Signs
- More Police Officers are Coming to Mississauga's Streets
- Top 5 Under the Radar Patios in Mississauga
- Investigation Into Massive Fire in Mississauga Has Concluded
- VIDEO & UPDATES: Massive Fire Breaks Out in Mississauga
- Part of Street Blocked Following Fire in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Suspicious Overnight Fire in Mississauga
- Residents Asked to Avoid Area Due to Ongoing House Fire in Mississauga