Road Currently Blocked Due to Fire Investigation in Mississauga
A road closure is in effect this morning due to the massive blaze that broke out Friday evening in Mississauga.
Police reported around 10:45 a.m. that Tannery Street from Joymar to Broadway Street will be blocked off to all pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
Investigators with the Ontario Fire Marshal are expected to attend the scene sometime within the next hour, police say.
Residents and drivers should avoid the area.
UPDATE: The fire is currently under control. All residents who were evacuated as a precaution have returned to their homes.
UPDATE: (9:55 p.m.) Tannery Street has reopened. The investigation into the cause of the fire is ongoing.
- OPINION: Ontario’s new restrictions are pure theatre and everyone in Mississauga and Brampton should be furious
- Police won't randomly stop people or vehicles in Mississauga and Brampton
- Playgrounds allowed to reopen in Mississauga and Brampton
- Three of Ontario's worst COVID-19 hotspots are in Mississauga
- New police powers will be toned down in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario: Government source