Quick Dish: Shrimp and Chicken Crepe
Where: Spin Dessert Cafe and Bistro, located on the ground floor of the Limelight condos on Prince of Wales Drive in City Centre.
As some of you might recall, Spin took FOREVER to open. For over a year, an Opening Soon! sign taunted locals in need of a new ice cream and dessert destination. After an extensive delay, the cafe and bistro finally opened its doors in April of this year. And thank god it did, because it's become -- one two separate occasions -- my second office (thanks to the free Wi-Fi).
While the sit-down, full-service resto is known for its desserts, I like to pair writing with savory crepes and I'm a big fan of the chicken and shrimp dish. The filling dinner crepe is filled with shrimp, chicken, mushrooms, spinach, mozzarella and a creamy mushroom sauce. It also comes with a side Caesar or garden salad.
Verdict: Spin is spacious and offers a varied menu and a plethora of artisanal coffee beverages. For this reason, it's a good place to visit with friends or check out alone to take advantage of the complimentary Wi-Fi and get some work done. It's perfect for a post-movie ice cream craving or a mid-day study break (it's walking distance from both Cineplex and Sheridan). If you pop in around the post-work dinner hour (like I do), you can get a tasty and affordable savory crepe and a latte and get some work done. The service is quick but non-invasive, so you can linger over your food or dessert on quiet nights and not feel guilty.
Wait Time: 10 minutes
What: Shrimp and Chicken Crepe
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Sikh, Hindu dispute over Indian politics boils over in Brampton
- The Cake Boss is coming to Canada with a brand new location in Mississauga
- Loopholes still allow international travellers to "collect your luggage and leave" at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Wayne Gretzky remembers his father, Walter, as man with ‘a heart of gold’ at funeral