Police Arrest Individual After Threats Made Against Mississauga School
Police have arrested an unidentified individual in connection with an incident involving threats being made towards staff and students at an elementary school in Mississauga.
Earlier this week, police confirmed that more officers would be present at unidentified elementary schools in the city's southwest end following undisclosed threats that were not made in person.
Now, an arrest has been made in connection with the case.
As a result of the arrest, the increased police presence at the affected schools has been called off.
Police say both school boards are working closely with investigators to ensure students and staff remain safe.
The investigation is ongoing and updates will be provided as they become available.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators at 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 1133.
- Woman Charged After Allegedly Threatening Staff and Students at Mississauga School
- Police Increasing Presence at Mississauga Schools Due to Threats
- Police arrest man for making threats against Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Arrest Made After Reported Road Rage Incident in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Man After Uttering Threats to Multiple Victims
- Special weather statement: Heavy rainfall in Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton
- New go-karting track opening in Mississauga
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children