Police Arrest Individual After Threats Made Against Mississauga School
Police have arrested an unidentified individual in connection with an incident involving threats being made towards staff and students at an elementary school in Mississauga.
Earlier this week, police confirmed that more officers would be present at unidentified elementary schools in the city's southwest end following undisclosed threats that were not made in person.
Now, an arrest has been made in connection with the case.
As a result of the arrest, the increased police presence at the affected schools has been called off.
Police say both school boards are working closely with investigators to ensure students and staff remain safe.
The investigation is ongoing and updates will be provided as they become available.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators at 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 1133.
- Woman Charged After Allegedly Threatening Staff and Students at Mississauga School
- Police Increasing Presence at Mississauga Schools Due to Threats
- Police arrest man for making threats against Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Arrest Made After Reported Road Rage Incident in Mississauga
- Man arrested after bomb threat made to elementary school in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Boeing 737 Max's very first flight after two deadly crashes takes off from Pearson
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Paramedics responding after vehicle crashes into Mississauga residence
- New Jollibee restaurant opens at Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win