Police Arrest Individual After Threats Made Against Mississauga School
Police have arrested an unidentified individual in connection with an incident involving threats being made towards staff and students at an elementary school in Mississauga.
Earlier this week, police confirmed that more officers would be present at unidentified elementary schools in the city's southwest end following undisclosed threats that were not made in person.
Now, an arrest has been made in connection with the case.
As a result of the arrest, the increased police presence at the affected schools has been called off.
Police say both school boards are working closely with investigators to ensure students and staff remain safe.
The investigation is ongoing and updates will be provided as they become available.
Anyone with information in relation to this incident is asked to contact investigators at 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 1133.
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Seven Mississauga Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Multiple Mississauga Schools Affected by Suspicious Incident
- Police Raising Alarm After Shocking Number of Pedestrians Killed in Under 24 Hours
- Woman Charged After Allegedly Threatening Staff and Students at Mississauga School
- Police Increasing Presence at Mississauga Schools Due to Threats
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Arrest Made After Reported Road Rage Incident in Mississauga
- Police Arrest Teen in Connection with High School Stabbing in Mississauga