Police Increasing Presence at Mississauga Schools Due to Threats
Police are currently investigating threats made against staff and students at elementary schools in Mississauga.
An alert recently posted on the Whiteoaks Public School website indicated that Peel police have informed the Peel District School Board that they are investigating an anonymous threat on a school in the community.
Whiteoaks is located south of the QEW on Mazo Crescent. The other affected schools, which have not been identified, are also in the southwest end.
"We received information in regards to a threat on Monday (Nov. 27) towards staff members and students at a school in the southwest area in Mississauga," says Peel police Const. Mark Fischer. "Both school boards have been notified and are working with police."
The post says that Whiteoaks was not specifically mentioned, but that police presence will be increased at the school and others during the investigation.
"During their investigation, you may notice an increased police presence in our school and the community. Police assured us that our school can continue our regular school routines," the website reads. "As per our usual practice, all exterior doors will be locked once school has started, and visitors must buzz for access."
Police have not revealed the nature of the threat or how it was made, but have confirmed that it wasn't made in person.
" As this is an ongoing investigation, this is all the information we are able to share," the Whiteoaks website reads. "Please be assured that the safety of our students and staff is always our top priority. We will always take whatever precautions are necessary and take direction from police."
Police say the schools will continue to operate as usual.
- Police Arrest Individual After Threats Made Against Mississauga School
- Police on Scene at Mississauga High School Following Troubling Email
- Police Investigating Threat at Mississauga School
- Mississauga students moved to another Malton school as police investigate
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-police brutality group hangs highway banner calling for justice in Mississauga
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault