PHOTOS: Hwy. 401 Mississauga Crash Sends Three People to Hospital
Three people are in hospital following a multi-vehicle crash on Hwy. 401 in Mississauga on Thursday morning.
“This so easily could have turned fatal,” said OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
The collision, involving three transport trucks and two cars took place in the eastbound lanes near Winston Churchill Blvd.
One truck slammed into another, “taking out two cars as well,” said Schmidt.
All lanes were blocked as of 8:15 a.m. — one lane opened by 10 a.m.
Clean-up is ongoing and “we hope to have a second lane open soon,” he said, adding vehicles are being pushed off to the shoulder.
First responders remain on scene.
There’s no word yet on the severity of injuries or charges.
Photos courtesy of OPP
UPDATE: Two left lanes are open as of 10:30 a.m.
UPDATE: All lanes reopened by noon.
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash in Mississauga
- Multi-Vehicle Hwy. 401 Crash Snarling Traffic in Mississauga
- Crash Involving Transport Truck Sends Three People to Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Crash shuts down all lanes on highway in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Two Lanes Blocked on 401 in Mississauga After Truck Crashes Through Guardrail
- Mississauga home involved in part of large fentanyl seizure
- Police looking for missing vulnerable female last seen in Mississauga
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 700 new cases, 104 of those in Peel
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 28
- Mississauga man charged in large Halton drug bust