PHOTOS: Hwy. 401 Mississauga Crash Sends Three People to Hospital
Three people are in hospital following a multi-vehicle crash on Hwy. 401 in Mississauga on Thursday morning.
“This so easily could have turned fatal,” said OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
The collision, involving three transport trucks and two cars took place in the eastbound lanes near Winston Churchill Blvd.
One truck slammed into another, “taking out two cars as well,” said Schmidt.
All lanes were blocked as of 8:15 a.m. — one lane opened by 10 a.m.
Clean-up is ongoing and “we hope to have a second lane open soon,” he said, adding vehicles are being pushed off to the shoulder.
First responders remain on scene.
There’s no word yet on the severity of injuries or charges.
Photos courtesy of OPP
UPDATE: Two left lanes are open as of 10:30 a.m.
UPDATE: All lanes reopened by noon.
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash in Mississauga
- Multi-Vehicle Hwy. 401 Crash Snarling Traffic in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Crash shuts down all lanes on highway in Mississauga
- Crash Involving Transport Truck Sends Three People to Hospital in Mississauga
- All lanes closed due to rollover on 401 in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- PHOTOS: What the old Tim Hortons building in Mississauga look like now
- 'No longer considered peaceful': Arrests made following protest in Mississauga and Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Roads closed off after fatal crash in Brampton