Multi-Vehicle Hwy. 401 Crash Snarling Traffic in Mississauga
A multi-vehicle crash - which trapped at least one person - is causing major delays on Hwy. 401 in Mississauga and Milton on Thursday morning.
It involves “a couple of transport trucks, a couple of other passenger vehicles,” said OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
All eastbound lanes at Winston Churchill Blvd. are blocked as of 8:15 a.m.
A person was extricated by firefighters and treated by paramedics before being taken to hospital.
“Injuries are unknown at this point,” said Schmidt.
Drivers will be forced off the 401, Schmidt added.
His detour suggestions?
“You can get off at Hwy. 407 before that, or get off at Trafalgar well before that and then take Steeles or Derry.”
Emergency crews remain on scene.
The reopening time is unknown.
Avoid the area.
- PHOTOS: Hwy. 401 Mississauga Crash Sends Three People to Hospital
- UPDATE: One Person Dead Following Serious Multi-Vehicle Highway Crash in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash in Mississauga
- Person Extricated From Vehicle After Crash at Major Mississauga Intersection
- Mississauga Crash Sends Two People to Hospital
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Emergency crews responding to crash involving motorcyclist in Mississauga
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - February 21, 2021
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcomes 45 flights with COVID-19
- Workers in Peel Region have lost jobs due to COVID-19 scrutiny in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon