Multi-Vehicle Hwy. 401 Crash Snarling Traffic in Mississauga
A multi-vehicle crash - which trapped at least one person - is causing major delays on Hwy. 401 in Mississauga and Milton on Thursday morning.
It involves “a couple of transport trucks, a couple of other passenger vehicles,” said OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
All eastbound lanes at Winston Churchill Blvd. are blocked as of 8:15 a.m.
A person was extricated by firefighters and treated by paramedics before being taken to hospital.
“Injuries are unknown at this point,” said Schmidt.
Drivers will be forced off the 401, Schmidt added.
His detour suggestions?
“You can get off at Hwy. 407 before that, or get off at Trafalgar well before that and then take Steeles or Derry.”
Emergency crews remain on scene.
The reopening time is unknown.
Avoid the area.
- Government of Canada Issues Travel Advisory for Mexico
- This is Where Mississauga Ranks on the List of Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- A Look at the Most Expensive and Cheapest Houses in Mississauga
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Hwy. 401 Mississauga Crash Sends Three People to Hospital
- PHOTOS: One Man Dead After Transport Truck Crash in Mississauga
- Person Extricated From Vehicle After Crash at Major Mississauga Intersection
- Crash in Mississauga Sends One Person to Hospital
- Mississauga Crash Sends Two People to Hospital