One area in Mississauga currently has the highest COVID-19 positivity rate
One area in Mississauga is among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of March 21 to 27.
Of the top 50 listed, only one is in Mississauga (compared to four during the previous week):
L4T at 15.95% (area of Goreway and Morning Star)
6th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (16th during previous week)
Meanwhile, Brampton had nine areas listed in the top 50.
“For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 continued to climb. For the week of March 21, it was 4.9% (versus 4.0% the previous week),” ICES reported.
The same data indicates that out of all of Ontario's 34 public health units, Peel had the worst COVID-19 percent positivity for the week. Peel is also reportedly seeing an increase in cases among school-aged children and young adults.
The full data is available to read here.
- Four postal codes in Mississauga with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers