One area in Mississauga currently has the highest COVID-19 positivity rate
One area in Mississauga is among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of March 21 to 27.
Of the top 50 listed, only one is in Mississauga (compared to four during the previous week):
L4T at 15.95% (area of Goreway and Morning Star)
6th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (16th during previous week)
Meanwhile, Brampton had nine areas listed in the top 50.
“For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 continued to climb. For the week of March 21, it was 4.9% (versus 4.0% the previous week),” ICES reported.
The same data indicates that out of all of Ontario's 34 public health units, Peel had the worst COVID-19 percent positivity for the week. Peel is also reportedly seeing an increase in cases among school-aged children and young adults.
The full data is available to read here.
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- This area in Mississauga has almost 20% COVID-19 positivity, 4th highest in Ontario
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Longtime friends from Brampton and Georgetown richer for sharing Lotto Max ticket
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- Metrolinx expanding GO train service in Hamilton
- Big lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke when it said ‘Big Winner’