These nine areas in Brampton have the highest COVID-19 positivity rates
Nine areas in Brampton are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of March 21 to 27.
Of the top 50 listed, nine are in Brampton (compared to eight during the previous week):
L6R at 15.75% (area of Sandalwood Pkwy E and Torbram)
8th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (10th highest during previous week)
L6P at 15.71% (area of The Gore and Castlemore)
9th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (6th highest during previous week)
L6W at 13.35% (area of Steeles Ave E and Kennedy Rd S)
13th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (12th during previous week)
L6X at 12.98% (area of Williams Pkwy and James Potter Rd)
16th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (8th during previous week)
L6T at 12.48% (area of Highway 407 and Airport Rd)
18th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (same position during previous week)
L6Y at 11.25% (area of Chinguacousy and Steeles Ave W)
27th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (19th during previous week)
L7A at 10.93% (area of Sandalwood Pkwy W and Chinguacousy)
33rd highest percent positivity area in Ontario (38th during previous week)
L6S at 10.38% (area of Williams Pkwy and Bramalea Rd)
37th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L6V at 9.89% (area of Williams Pkwy and Kennedy Rd N)
43rd highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
Meanwhile, Mississauga had one area listed in the top 50.
“For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 continued to climb. For the week of March 21, it was 4.9% (versus 4.0% the previous week),” ICES reported.
The same data indicates that out of all of Ontario's 34 public health units, Peel had the worst COVID-19 percent positivity for the week. Peel is also reportedly seeing an increase in cases among school-aged children and young adults.
The full data is available to read here.
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- This area in Mississauga has almost 20% COVID-19 positivity, 4th highest in Ontario
- One area in Mississauga currently has the highest COVID-19 positivity rate
- Seven areas with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity are in Brampton
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Burlington residents now have an additional splash pad to check out this summer
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public