UPDATED: Multiple Vehicle Crash and Police Investigation in Major Area of Mississauga
There is heavy police presence near a major Mississauga intersection as the result of a multi-vehicle collision and unrelated ongoing police investigation.
You’ll want to avoid the area of Rathburn Rd. and City Centre Dr. — alongside rush hour, there are major delays around City Centre.
Police say there was a multi-vehicle crash at around 4:22 p.m. this evening. Injuries are currently unknown.
As of around 5:30 p.m. there is still police presence in the area.
The added police presence is due to an ongoing investigation, the nature of which has not yet been released.
There are various delays in the area. You may want to take an alternate route.
We will update as information becomes available.
5:51 p.m. - road closures are in effect. Hurontario northbound is closed from Square One Dr., the ramp from Hurontario to Rathburn is also closed.
“We are aware of the additional congestion in this already busy area, and are making efforts to have officers assist with traffic,” say police.
Southbound lanes at Hurontario are down to one lane at Rathburn as of 6 p.m., say police.
Hurontario and Rathburn is closed for Special Investigations Unit investigations.
Cover photo courtesy of The 4K Guy
- UPDATED: Investigation Prompts High Police Presence in Residential Area
- SIU Investigating After Major Crash and Alleged Robbery in Mississauga
- Police Cruiser Involved in Crash in Major Area of Mississauga
- Police Cruiser and Stolen Vehicle Crash Near Intersection in Mississauga
- UPDATED: A Crash in Mississauga Sends One Person to Hospital
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- One of the best pho places in Mississauga is closing permanently
- Mississauga and Brampton businesses will be ordered closed if COVID-19 cases found
- Peel police asked to investigate after OPP officer seen pushing a child during a confrontation
- Mississauga and Brampton residents urged to avoid non-essential travel due to snow