Mississauga Man Murdered in Drive-by Shooting
Homicide detectives are looking for a four-door sedan in connection with a drive-by shooting which killed a 24-year-old Mississauga man.
The role of the vehicle in relation to the case “is still under investigation,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Lori Murphy.
Police are callng the “targeted” attack an “isolated incident.”
Emergency crews were sent to 4036 Bishopstoke Lane, near Meadows Blvd. - that's north of Burnhamthorpe Rd. E., just east of Hurontario St - at 7:04 p.m. on Monday for a shooting call in which multiple shots were heard.
A man was located "suffering obvious signs of trauma," said Murphy.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. His family has been notified.
The man’s name isn’t being released.
Police aren’t confirming the relationship between the victim and the person or people responsible.
“We don’t have any suspect information at this time,” and investigators are asking for tips from the public, said Murphy.
An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday as officers continue canvassing the neighbourhood and talking to residents.
Witnesses and anyone with video surveillance footage are being asked to come forward.
Tipsters can phone the homicide and missing persons bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3205 or CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
Photo by Pascal Marchand - The 4K Guy
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- Popular Mississauga restaurant opens luxury tent to keep diners comfortable amid the COVID shutdown
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting 978 new COVID-19 cases today, six new deaths
- PHOTOS: Swans rescued following oil spill at Credit River in Mississauga