Mississauga Female Tennis Player Makes it to Finals in New Zealand
When we last reported on Bianca Andreescu, she had just defeated Venus Williams in a huge upset, making it to semifinals in the 2019 ASB Classic in Auckland, New Zealand.
Now, following yet another victory, the 18 year old from Mississauga will be going into the finals.
Tennis Canada remarked on Andreescu’s recent match in which she ultimately managed to take the win against her opponent, Hsieh Su-Wei.
“[Andreescu] made light work of Hsieh Su-Wei, defeating the No. 3 seed 6-3, 6-3 in the semi-finals with a flawless display of all-court tennis,” Tennis Canada reported.
WTA (@WTA) January 5, 2019
“Dominating from the baseline, behind it, and at the net, Andreescu looked every bit the superstar she’s become following wins over Caroline Wozniacki and Venus Williams earlier in the week.”
As a result of her impressive win streak, Andreescu is ranked around #107 in the Women’s Tennis Association, up from her previous ranking of #152.
Andreescu will be going against defending champ Julia Goerges in the final.
Cover photo courtesy of Andreescu’s official Instagram account
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu Makes it to Finals in California Tournament
- 18-Year-Old Mississauga Woman Beats Venus Williams in Huge Tennis Upset
- Mississauga Tennis Player's Magical Run Cut Short in New Zealand
- 18-Year-Old Mississauga Tennis Star Advances in Australian Open
- 18-Year-Old Mississauga Tennis Star Wins Indian Wells Title in California Tournament