Mississauga Driver Busted For Driving Snow-Covered Car Like This
A driver in Mississauga is being called out by Peel police for his snow-covered windshield following a nasty mid-April ice storm.
“Everyone is pretty frustrated with the weather this week but that’s no excuse to be driving like that,” said Const. Bally Saini.
The incident took place on Apr. 17 at 7 a.m. in the city’s northwest end.
That’s when an officer from 11 Division spotted the car at Glen Erin Dr. and Derry Rd. in Meadowvale.
“Not being able to have a clear view can not only put yourself but others on the road in danger,” said Saini.
“Take the extra minute or two and clean off your windshield.”
The 33-year-old driver is facing a windshield obstructed charge under the Highway Traffic Act.
The penalty: A $110 fine.
Police shared the image on social media, writing “you need a CLEAR windshield to drive!”
Naturally, the Twitterverse weighed in.
I get anxious having a streak on my windshield! This is kamikaze driving!— Andrew Kennedy (@Anken74) April 19, 2018
The incident took place on the same day that flying ice broke through the windshield of a bus near the QEW and Erin Mills Pkwy., prompting OPP to remind motorists to clear ice from their vehicles.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Bus Driver Injured After Flying Ice Breaks Windshield in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Woman thought 'I'm going to die' after errant tire crashed through her windshield on Highway 401 in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Ice from other vehicle shatters windshield in Mississauga
- Peel Police Reveal Concerning Statistic On Driving In Wet Weather
- Police Warning Against Drunk Driving After Bizarre Golf Cart Incident in Mississauga
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- India extends own flight ban disrupting travel plans for those in Mississauga and Brampton
- Hudson's Bay may be in 'shirt' over a taboo typo in Canada
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Big deals happening at a new clothing and accessories store at Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga