Bus Driver Injured After Flying Ice Breaks Windshield in Mississauga
Police are advising drivers to clear ice from their vehicles following an incident involving flying ice and a bus in Mississauga.
Shortly before 11:30 a.m., Peel Paramedics took to social media to praise a bus driver for making a safe stop after the vehicle was damaged by flying ice.
“Hats off to the bus driver for keeping this bus safe and on two wheels,” Paramedics wrote in a tweet.
The incident, which involved flying ice breaking through the windshield of a Safeway Tours bus, occurred on the westbound QEW at Erin Mills Parkway.
Shortly before noon, OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reminded residents to clear all ice off their vehicles to prevent such incidents from happening.
“This is why we tell you to clear the ice and snow off of your vehicles… #FlyingIce,” Schmidt wrote.
Paramedics say the driver suffered minor injuries.
Cover photo courtesy of OPP
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash that claimed two lives in Mississauga
- Mandarin location in Mississauga temporarily closed for renovations
- Significant snowfall in the forecast for Mississauga this winter
- Mississauga school in hold and secure following nearby stabbing incident
- Fatal crash closes major road in Mississauga
- Mississauga Driver Busted For Driving Snow-Covered Car Like This
- PHOTOS: Driver Suffers Injuries After Late Night Collision On Highway 409 In Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Paramedics Respond to Vehicle Fire in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver Arrested After Highway Crash Injures Six in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Driver Charged After Travelling the Wrong Way on QEW in Mississauga