Bus Driver Injured After Flying Ice Breaks Windshield in Mississauga
Police are advising drivers to clear ice from their vehicles following an incident involving flying ice and a bus in Mississauga.
Shortly before 11:30 a.m., Peel Paramedics took to social media to praise a bus driver for making a safe stop after the vehicle was damaged by flying ice.
“Hats off to the bus driver for keeping this bus safe and on two wheels,” Paramedics wrote in a tweet.
The incident, which involved flying ice breaking through the windshield of a Safeway Tours bus, occurred on the westbound QEW at Erin Mills Parkway.
Shortly before noon, OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reminded residents to clear all ice off their vehicles to prevent such incidents from happening.
“This is why we tell you to clear the ice and snow off of your vehicles… #FlyingIce,” Schmidt wrote.
Paramedics say the driver suffered minor injuries.
Cover photo courtesy of OPP
- Mississauga Driver Busted For Driving Snow-Covered Car Like This
- PHOTOS: Driver Suffers Injuries After Late Night Collision On Highway 409 In Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Paramedics Respond to Vehicle Fire in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver Arrested After Highway Crash Injures Six in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Ice from other vehicle shatters windshield in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Emergency crews responding to crash involving motorcyclist in Mississauga
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - February 21, 2021
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcomes 45 flights with COVID-19
- Workers in Peel Region have lost jobs due to COVID-19 scrutiny in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon