Man Arrested Following Another Assault on an Aircraft
Another person has been arrested following an assault on an aircraft.
Police recently announced that officers from the Peel Regional Police Airport Division have arrested and charged a man for an assault on an aircraft that occurred earlier today in Mississauga.
On Friday, August 4, WestJet flight #709 took off from Pearson International Airport. Shortly after takeoff, the plane was diverted back to the airport due to mechanical issues. During the return to the airport, a passenger became unruly on the flight and assaulted a flight attendant. He also allegedly caused minor internal damage to bathroom of the plane.
When the airplane returned, Randy Paholko, a 68 year-old Vancouver man, was arrested.
Police say Paholko has been charged with assault, endangering an aircraft and two counts of mischief. He is being held pending a bail hearing on Saturday, Aug. 5.
This is the second case involving an airport assault reported this week. Yesterday, Peel police arrested a Hamilton man following a reported assault on a flight attendant.
Anyone with information about this investigation is asked to call investigators of the Airport Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3133.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak affecting staff members at Mississauga Hospital
- Justin Trudeau says we won’t return to complete normalcy until a vaccine is produced
- Pizza Pizza introducing new tamper-proof box
- Close to 500 new cases of COVID-19 found in Ontario, over 400 total cases confirmed in Mississauga
- More than 500 new COVID-19 cases recorded in Ontario, close to 400 total cases found in Mississauga
- Air Canada Flight Returns to Toronto After Assault on Plane
- American Citizen Arrested for Bringing Fake Explosive to Pearson Airport
- Man charged after false coronavirus claim forces plane to return to Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Man Arrested Following Sexual Assault in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Charged and Arrested Following Assault