Air Canada Flight Returns to Toronto After Assault on Plane
An Air Canada flight bound for Budapest returned to Pearson International Airport early Thursday following an assault on a flight attendant.
The plane, en route to Hungary, was “rerouted back to Toronto because of an unruly passenger,” said Peel Regional Police Sgt. Josh Colley.
Police were notified about the incident at 12:32 a.m., with the plane returning at 12:55 a.m.
Injuries are minor, said Colley.
John Svab, 57, of Hamilton, is charged with aggravated assault, utter threats, and mischief endangering flight.
He’s expected to appear in Brampton court for a bail hearing on Thursday.
- Unique New Restaurant With Board Game Nights Now Open in Mississauga
- Huge Lottery Win for Mississauga Residents and Co-Workers
- Major Grocer Delivering on Free Gift Cards for Some Customers
- Meet Peel's Two New Deputy Police Chiefs
- Mississauga Could Soon Be Home to Amazon’s Second North American Headquarters