Air Canada Flight Returns to Toronto After Assault on Plane
An Air Canada flight bound for Budapest returned to Pearson International Airport early Thursday following an assault on a flight attendant.
The plane, en route to Hungary, was “rerouted back to Toronto because of an unruly passenger,” said Peel Regional Police Sgt. Josh Colley.
Police were notified about the incident at 12:32 a.m., with the plane returning at 12:55 a.m.
Injuries are minor, said Colley.
John Svab, 57, of Hamilton, is charged with aggravated assault, utter threats, and mischief endangering flight.
He’s expected to appear in Brampton court for a bail hearing on Thursday.
- Police Chase Ends in Mississauga After Bus Driver Blocks Fleeing Oakville Man
- Police on Scene for Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Looking for 29 Year Old Mississauga Man
- Pedestrian Transported To Hospital After Being Stuck In Mississauga
- GO Transit Anticipates Packed Trains this Evening Following Raptors Parade