Air Canada Flight Returns to Toronto After Assault on Plane
An Air Canada flight bound for Budapest returned to Pearson International Airport early Thursday following an assault on a flight attendant.
The plane, en route to Hungary, was “rerouted back to Toronto because of an unruly passenger,” said Peel Regional Police Sgt. Josh Colley.
Police were notified about the incident at 12:32 a.m., with the plane returning at 12:55 a.m.
Injuries are minor, said Colley.
John Svab, 57, of Hamilton, is charged with aggravated assault, utter threats, and mischief endangering flight.
He’s expected to appear in Brampton court for a bail hearing on Thursday.
- Man Arrested Following Another Assault on an Aircraft
- Young Girl Dies After Air Canada Flight from Pearson to London
- Man charged after false coronavirus claim forces plane to return to Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Airline Passenger Stung By Scorpion While On Toronto Flight
- VIDEO: Plane Crashes Into Pole at Pearson Airport