Iconic Mississauga Hot Spot Makes Prestigious List
Mississauga is moving up in the world.
No longer a quaint suburb providing sprawling lots of cookie-cutter detached houses, our growing city is becoming more known for its hidden gems and, now, its iconic food hotspots.
Yellow Pages recently released a list of Canada's 15 best ice cream shops and, guess what?
A very prolific Mississauga ice cream joint made the list.
The list, which is worth pursuing if you plan on traveling across the country before summer is through (or even when summer ends, because there's never a bad time for ice cream), features ice cream shops from Winnipeg, Charlottetown, Vancouver, Halifax and more.
So, what criteria did Yellow Pages use?
"We took into consideration a number of factors, including the quality, uniqueness and flavour of the ice cream, the ambience of the shop, the attitude of the staff and the value for the price," the article reads.
As far as Mississauga goes, the city's beloved Dairy Cream ice cream shop came in at number 4 on the prestigious list. Its inclusion on the list shouldn't come as a surprise, as the vintage shop has been serving customers since 1958 and is still drawing crowds decades later.
Yellow Pages said the shop wins out for its use of real cream, fresh fruit toppings and vast flavour variety (over 25, to be exact). The shop also offers funnel cakes (a perfect summer favourite that you don't have to go to Wonderland for) and Belgian waffles.
Other shops on the list include the Bridge Drive-in in Winnipeg (Yellow Pages' number 1 choice), Cold Comfort in Victoria, B.C., Cows in Charlottetown, Dee Dee's in Halifax, Homestead Ice Cream in Saskatoon, Kem CoBa in Montreal, La Cigale in Chelsea, Que., Moo Moo's Ice Cream in St. John's, Rain or Shine in Vancouver, Scoop 'n Roll Creamery in Edmonton, Slickers Ice Cream in Bloomfield, Ont., Sub Zero Ice Cream in Winnipeg, Sully's Ice Cream Parlour in Sussex, NB., and Village Ice Cream in Calgary.
So it looks like Mississauga is in good company.
- Beloved Mississauga ice cream shop stops curbside pickup after some customers reportedly flout safety protocols
- Mississauga’s First Thai Ice Cream Rolls Shop Opens
- A New Holiday Ice Cream Flavour is Coming to Canada
- Here’s How to Get Ice Cream Delivered to Your Door in Mississauga
- Best Ice Cream Battle: Mississauga vs. Burlington
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- COVID-19 numbers in Peel Region continue downward trend
- Employee of Mississauga No Frills tests positive for COVID-19
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.