Two Mississauga Locations Declared Canada’s Hidden Gems
Although locals know Mississauga boasts a ton of gorgeous locations that are legitimately worth traveling to experience, few people realize that the lesser-known suburb outside of Toronto has some exceptionally visit-worthy gems.
The Intercontinental Hotels Group, which is comprised of such well-known hospitality chains as Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza and more, called upon Canadians to submit their favourite hidden gems as part of the brand's Canada 150 celebration.
Now, the brand's website is sharing residents' favourite travel spots from coast to coast and, believe it or not, two Mississauga locations made the list.
Which locations, you ask?
The beautiful Rattray Marsh Conservation Area and Riverwood Park.
The picks come as no surprise, as Riverwood is one of the biggest parks in Mississauga (and one known for being home to Visual Arts Mississauga) and Rattray Marsh is a go-to for nature lovers.
Other Canadian hotspots that made the list include the world's tallest teepee in Medicine Hat, Alta., the Niven Lake Trail in Yellowknife, Pink Lake in Chelsea, QC., and the Halifax Public Gardens.
For more info on all the other lucky gems, click here.
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga