Erin Mills Town Centre set to resurrect one of its most iconic features in Mississauga
If you grew up in Erin Mills or Central Erin Mills in the 1990s, you probably did three things: saw movies Erin Mills Town Centre, dined at JJ Muggs at Erin Mills Town Centre, and played mini-golf at Erin Mills Town Centre.
Believe it or not, you will soon be able to play mini-golf at the growing shopping mall once more.
Erin Mills Town Centre, which is about to welcome a massive theatre and entertainment complex, recently announced that shoppers can check out The Green Mini Golf, a unique nine-hole course.
Located in centre court, The Green, which will be suitable for players of all ages, will feature rolling hills, short and long holes, varied turfs and more.
Graphic courtesy of Erin Mills Town Centre’s official website
The mall's website says the course is designed to 1/10th the scale of a regulation golf course and was created in partnership with golf pro Dave Pelz.
The grand opening of the course will take place on Thursday, Feb. 6 at 11:00 am. The course will be open on weekdays from 12:00 pm to 8:00 pm (last game begins at 7:15 pm) and on weekends from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm (last game at 4:15 pm).
Golfers who are 8 years of age and older can play for $5 per person, while seniors (60 and up) can play for $3.
A putter, ball and, scorecard will be provided to each golfer. The website says that golfers must register and show photo identification to play (a parent or guardian must register for a child)
Some specials are also available. According to the website, golfers can play a second-round within the same day for free. Golfers who purchase 10 rounds can also receive a free $10 Erin Mills Town Centre gift card.
Group Outing Packages for birthday parties, school trips, corporate team building and tournaments are available for groups of 10 or more.
As far as rules go, children under 8 years of age are not permitted to play and children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a guardian who is 18 years or older.
Play is based on a first-come, first-serve basis and drop-in groups must contain no more than five players.
Groups of 10 or more must reserve a time in advance.
The website says that one round must be completed within a 20-minute time frame and golfers will be notified when it is time to exit the course. Golfers may only play each hole once, and players must hit the ball lightly.
Strollers are not permitted on the course and refunds are not available.
Golfers must wear flat-soled shoes to play (so leave your heels at home if you want to play a round).
To learn more, click here.
- When Erin Mills Town Centre Had a Clock Tower
- Something Very Unique Has Officially Opened at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Holiday market coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- A Huge Entertainment Complex is Coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Complimentary Starbucks Food Available at Erin Mills Town Centre for Limited-Time Only
- Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
- Police investigating reports of woman being forced into vehicle in Mississauga
- Mississauga retiree plans to buy car following big lotto win
- Police searching for suspects following break and enter in Mississauga
- Doug Ford suggests that restrictions on Mississauga could be eased after the 28-day rollback ends