Massive theatre and entertainment complex coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
A few months ago, Mississauga City Councillor Pat Saito announced that the former Sears location in Erin Mills Town Centre was going to be transformed into a movie theatre and entertainment complex.
Now, we know exactly what that complex will consist of!
Today (Nov. 27), Cineplex announced plans for Junxion, a first-of-its-kind concept that features a movie theatre, dining destination and entertainment complex all in one place.
Working in partnership with Cushman & Wakefield, the first Junxion location will take shape at Erin Mills Town Centre as part of the centre’s ongoing redevelopment.
“Offering immersive and shared experiences for movie-lovers and entertainment-seekers alike, Junxion will be the complete night out for guests of all ages, including teens, millennials, their friends and families,” Cineplex said in a news release.
The 45,000 square foot space will include six auditoriums, a food hall featuring an indoor food truck, amusement gaming, a space for live events (including live music) and an outdoor screen on a rooftop patio.
The space will also contain a bar that will serve wine and craft beer.
The brand new complex is targeted to open in late 2020.
Cineplex also says Junxion’s state-of-the-art cinemas will offer a range of movie-going experiences, including UltraAVX and comfortable recliners where guests can have food and drinks delivered right to their seats.
Along with new and classic video and redemption games, guests can also enjoy the latest interactive experiences, such as virtual reality from VRstudios.
Cineplex says Junxion guests will have their pick of exciting programming and events, including live music, trivia nights, game nights, outdoor screenings of movies and live TV events and more. SCENE members will earn points with every Junxion visit, which they can redeem for food, game credits or a trip to the movies.
“Junxion is where Cineplex’s famous movie-going experience meets our innovative entertainment offerings. It will bring together the best of both worlds and provide guests with an unforgettable and unmatched social experience,” said Ellis Jacob, president and CEO, Cineplex.
“As Canada’s entertainment landscape continues to evolve, we are proudly introducing this state-of-the-art community hub where families and friends can come together to play, dine, unwind and have fun.”
Cineplex plans to open similar entertainment destination locations across Canada in the coming years.
A previous version of this article said the bar would serve craft cocktails. An updated statement from Cineplex says the bar will only serve wine and beer
- Here’s when Marshalls will officially open at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- A Huge Entertainment Complex is Coming to Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- Massive New Entertainment Complex Coming to Square One Target Location in Mississauga
- Cineplex reopening a movie theatre in Mississauga
- Cineplex offering private movie screenings
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic