Driver Charged After Fleeing From Police in Mississauga
A 34-year-old Mississauga man is facing charges after allegedly fleeing from police, causing a multi-vehicle collision in north Mississauga early Saturday.
The man was taken to hospital with minor injuries and “he is now facing charges,” said OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt.
The incident unfolded at 2:15 a.m., when officers form the OPP’s Port Credit detachment were conducting speed enforcement along the westbound QEW near Hurontario St.
A vehicle came through the enforcement zone “speeding well in excess of the speed limit,” said Schmidt.
It looked as though the vehicle was stopping, said Schmidt, but in the end it exited at Hwy 10 “and tried to evade police,” heading north.
That’s where it struck two other vehicles, near Highway 401.
The area was closed until about 6 a.m., said Schmidt, and the man’s vehicle was impounded.
Two people in two other vehicles weren’t injured.
Adrian Delman is charged with dangerous driving, stunt driving, fleeing from police, and possession of controlled drugs and substances.
- Police Investigating Reports Of A Suspicious Man With A Gun In Mississauga
- Multiple Lanes Blocked on 401 Following Collision in Mississauga
- Road Closures Due To Serious Collision In Mississauga
- Rental Rates are Climbing Higher in Mississauga: Report
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Driver Charged After Travelling the Wrong Way on QEW in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Driver Charged with Stunt Driving in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Facing Multiple Charges Following Police Investigation and Pursuit
- Police Investigating After Gun Recovered Following Collision in Mississauga
- Peel Police Officer Charged With Impaired Driving
- PHOTOS: Driver Arrested After Highway Crash Injures Six in Mississauga