BREAKING: Mississauga Tennis Star Bianca Andreescu Becomes First Canadian to Win US Open Women's Singles
Mississauga’s own Bianca Andreescu comes out on top yet again!
Andreescu has been crowned the champion of the US Open 2019 Women’s Singles, having beaten Serena Williams in finals this afternoon.
This also makes her the very first Canadian to win women’s singles at the US Open since its start in 1968.
The Mississauga native took the first set 6-3 and the second set 7-5 to eventually land her the win.
US Open Tennis (@usopen) September 7, 2019
The last time these two players came head to head was at the Rogers Cup final, where Andreescu took the win after Williams unfortunately had to retire from the match due to an injury.
While it was a victory nonetheless, fans were left still waiting for a more proper match between the two competitors, which we finally got today.
Insauga.com chatted with Andreescu a few months ago about her successful career as a tennis champ, and it looks like that career is continuing strong.
For full coverage of the finals, click here.
Congratulations to Andreescu on yet another spectacular win!
Photo courtesy of Tennis Canada
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu Wins Rogers Cup After Serena Williams Retires from Match
- Mississauga Tennis Player Bianca Andreescu to Face Serena Williams in Rogers Cup Finals
- Mississauga's Bianca Andreescu Takes Home Massive Earnings After Winning US Open
- BREAKING: Mississauga's Own Bianca Andreescu Advances to U.S. Open Finals
- Mississauga Tennis Champ Bianca Andreescu Rockets Up the Global Rankings
- Brand new Starbucks location opening in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: A Fight Club forms in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Peel police officer knees male on ground during arrest in Mississauga
- What's Open and Closed Civic Holiday Monday in Mississauga
- New pizza and chicken restaurant opening in Mississauga