Brand New Entertainment Facility Now Open in Mississauga
It looks like the incoming Rec Room might have a little competition when it opens in Mississauga.
A well-known wing restaurant has completely rebranded, shedding the simple dine-in concept to re-emerge as a full-fledged entertainment facility offering everything from food to a virtual reality (VR) arcade to axe throwing.
Wacky Wings, a Canadian wing chain that currently operates a location on Dundas St. E. near Dixie Rd., has become GameTime, a one-stop "EATertainment" destination that'll offer a state of the art arcade, a plethora of big screen TVs, billiards, axe throwing and VR games.
The establishment, which will enjoy a grand opening in a few weeks, was founded by amusement equipment operator Starburst Coin Machines. The brand is still associated with Wacky Wings, but the entertainment facility won't look anything like the wing restaurant residents are used to.
As far as food goes, GameTime specializes in popular sports bar dishes. Some menu items include crispy mozzarella sticks, spicy crab dunkers (crab, jalapeno and cheddar served with spicy Thai sauce), cheeseburger sliders, spinach dip, multiple nacho dishes, the GT Classic grilled cheese panini, beer battered haddock, burgers, pastas and, of course wings.
In terms of wings, diners can expect to choose from a host of dry, mild, medium and hot flavours, including New Orleans, Cajun, dill pickle, honey garlic, maple BBQ, bleu cheese, Rickard's Red, habanero, jalapeno and Devil's Inferno (waiver required, extra $1.99 fee).
As for games, diners can play redemption games to win e-tickets that can be redeemed at the GameTime SCORES prize redemption store. Customers can also play pool if they want to keep it traditional, video games if they want to unwind and VR if they want to escape reality for a little while.
GameTime Mississauga has also installed a caged axe throwing facility. The brand says it's set to become "Mississauga's premier axe throwing destination for birthday parties, corporate events, bachelor and bachelorette parties and even the casual observer who just wants to see what this craze is all about."
The facility will offer multiple game versions that allow guests to book lanes for as much or as little time as they have or to just walk in and give it a go as quick 'Sampler'. Customers can also play with or against friends in the facility's Black AXE game of 21 format.
The facility is currently open.
We'll keep you updated on any grand opening details as they emerge.
- Mississauga’s First Ever Virtual Reality Arcade is Now Open
- Brand New Entertainment Centre Now Open in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: First Look at Massive Entertainment Facility Opening Today in Square One in Mississauga
- Is a Massive New Entertainment Facility Opening in Mississauga?
- PHOTOS: First Look at the Massive Rec Room Entertainment Facility Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Police searching for missing 13-year-old girl last seen driving a car in Mississauga
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Stolen puppy returned to owner in Milton, truck remains stolen