Massive New Entertainment Complex Coming to Square One Target Location in Mississauga
If you've been looking for a brand new gaming and sports bar, you might be happy to hear that one is slated to open in Mississauga very, very soon.
Cineplex recently announced that it plans to open a brand new Rec Room location at Square One. If you haven't heard of The Rec Room, Cineplex defines it as "Canada's newest hotspot for 'Eats and Entertainment.'"
The Rec Room is basically a major entertainment complex that fuses food and activities. The new location will boast food, live entertainment and gaming experiences.
The Square One location will take shape in the north end of the complex (where Target was located) and will occupy about 44,000 square feet of space and two full floors.
“With over 25 million visitors passing through their doors each year, Square One is the perfect spot for our second location of The Rec Room in the GTA,” said Pat Marshall, Vice President Communications and Investor Relations at Cineplex. “This past September we opened our first location in Edmonton and it has been a tremendous success and has exceeded our expectations. Our guests love the idea of a one-stop dining and entertainment destination. I can assure you that Mississauga is in for a treat!”
As far as food goes, The Rec Room will boast the Three10 restaurant—an upscale casual resto named after Canada's 10 provinces and three territories. The menu will feature wood-fired oven pizza and Canadian-inspired cuisine with a twist.
The establishment will also feature The Shed, a quick-service food stop that includes a poutinerie that offers such gourmet toppings as porchetta, smoked brisket, lobster and wild mushrooms. The there also be a custom doughnut bar called The Pumps.
Guests who want to drink can also check out a bar area that boasts a few big screens that will broadcast sporting events. As far as drinks go, Cineplex says there will be multiple bars throughout the space that will serve drought wines and over 20 draft beers (including a few local craft brews).
As far as activities go, the location will also feature The Yard—an attractions area that will offer over 100 amusement games. Credits earned while gaming are tracked on RFID wristbands and can be redeemed at The Trophy Case for a variety of prizes, including retro candy, drones, whisky stones, portable speakers and more.
Other attractions include virtual reality and race car simulators, bowling lanes, air hockey, pool and ping pong. There will also be multiple performance spaces offering both live and programmed entertainment.
Multiple private dining rooms will also be available for guests interested in booking parties.
The Mississauga location follows the opening of a Rec Room in South Edmonton. Cineplex also announced plans for locations in downtown Toronto at Roundhouse Park, West Edmonton Mall, Deerfoot City in Calgary and at CF Masonville Place in London.
Cineplex says it plans to open between 10 - 15 new locations of The Rec Room over the coming years, each ranging in size from 40,000-60,000 square feet and "customized to the individual community."
An official opening date has not yet been announced.
- PHOTOS: First Look at the Massive Rec Room Entertainment Facility Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: First Look at Massive Entertainment Facility Opening Today in Square One in Mississauga
- You’ll Soon be Able to go Bowling in Square One in Mississauga
- One-of-a-Kind Virtual Reality Experience Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Iconic Mississauga Entertainment Institution Shutting Down Soon
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Police responding to male with firearm in Mississauga convenience store
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of Feb 22 to 26