Battle Results! Best Shawarma Battle: Mississauga vs. Oakville
Have you been in the mood for exceptional shawarma and haven't been quite sure where to go to get it? Since there is no shortage of selection in the GTA, the choice as to where to dine can be a tough one—especially when places that serve great shawarma are plentiful across cities.
So, where do you go when you need some a wrap or some savoury falafel?
When it comes to great shawarma, every ingredient counts. Is the beef or chicken tender and flavourful? Are the falafels crispy? Are all the sauces on point? Do you smell like garlic for days after a really good meal or wrap?
Both Mississauga and Oakville are known for their respective food scenes and both offer a ton of commendable shawarma choices—but only one city can have the absolute best hotspots.
What places were competing?
When you're hungry, nothing beats shawarma. Mississauga has some choice hotspots for the popular Mediterranean dish, including the Creditview Rd. Lazeez Shawarma, the ever popular and homegrown Osmow's Grill, the Pita Boss on Derry Road, the City Centre area Safari Grill and our number one pick, the elegant Roman Zaman. While Roman Zaman is our proud number one pick, all of the places will leave you more than satisfied when you're in the mood for a truly tasty dinner.
Oakville, a bustling and diverse town with enviable food scene, offers a ton of options when it comes to shawarma. Some hot spots to check out? The Kerr Village located Maro's Bistro (it's known for its presentation), the beloved (and always tasty) Chef's Door, the authentic and service-oriented Agabi Cuisine, the family-run and unpretentious Adonis Mediterranean Restaurant and our number one pick, the Ford Drive hotspot Shawarmarama. While is our proud number one pick, all of the places will leave you more than satisfied when you're looking for a great lunch (or dinner).
We asked you which city has the best calamari and you voted.
Here are the results!
This wasn't a close one. Users sided with Mississauga (65.13 per cent) over Oakville (34.87%) by a pretty big margin. But that doesn't mean that Oakville doesn't have some commendable shawarma joints.
What city do you visit when you’re in the mood for some shawarma?
- Best Shawarma Battle: Mississauga vs. Oakville
- Best Shawarma Battle: Mississauga Vs. Brampton
- Brand New Shawarma Restaurant Finally Coming to Shawarma Free Neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Top 5 Shawarma Joints in Mississauga
- Here’s What Happened to a Very Popular Shawarma Joint That Suddenly Closed in Mississauga
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga
- Long-standing laser tag facility shuts down in Mississauga
- Mississauga mayor says city ticketed restaurants and individuals for violating gathering limits
- Ontario teachers no longer self-isolating after coming into contact with individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms