Battle Results! Best Downtown Restaurant Battle: Oakville vs. Port Credit
Have you been in the mood for an exceptional night on the town and haven’t been quite sure where to go? Since there are great downtown areas throughout the GTA, the choice as to where to dine can be a tough one--especially when every area has incredible restaurants.
While Oakville's downtown core speaks for itself, it's actually a little harder to call the Square One area Mississauga's downtown (even though it technically is). Because the City Centre area--vibrant though it may be--isn't quite as walkable as downtown Oakville, we've decided to bring Port Credit to the competition.
Both Mississauga and Oakville are known for their respective food scenes and both offer a ton of commendable downtown options--but only one city can have the absolute best hotspots.
What places were competing?
Top 5 Best Restaurants in Downtown Oakville
Oakville, a small but sophisticated town with an enviable food scene, offers a ton of options when it comes to downtown restaurants. Some hot spots to check out? The long-standing and beloved Paradiso, the posh and delicious Seasons, the creative and reliably tasty Noble Bistro, the charming and relatively new Borgo Antico and our number one pick, the classic and high end Oliver's Steakhouse. You can't really go wrong with any of these joints when you want to spend a night downtown.
Top 5 Places to Eat in Port Credit
When you want to impress your date, friend or boss, nothing beats a filling dinner at a trendy resto. Mississauga has some choice hotspots for your fun-filled evenings, including the decidedly on-trend Door FiftyFive, the long-standing Colossus Greek Taverna, the well-known (and always packed) Papa Giuseppe's, the hip and tasty Port House Social Bar + Kitchen and our number one pick, the brand new Posta Italbar Cucina. While Michael's is our proud number one pick, all of the places will leave you more than satisfied when you're in the mood for a truly tasty dinner with your beloved.
We asked you which city has the best Italian food and you voted.
Here are the results!
On the website:
And on Instagram
On the website, Mississauga barely beat out Oakville, but it looks like Instagram users sided with Mississauga by a much wider margin--87 per cent to 13 per cent.
What city do you visit when you’re in the mood for some downtown dining?
- Amazing Aerial Shots of Mississauga From The 70s
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of stolen tractor-trailer smashing into a gas station and vehicles in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents celebrating group lotto win
- Bonus House of the Week: Iconic and Mysterious Castle House in Mississauga
- Huge winning lottery ticket sold in Mississauga
- Best Downtown Restaurant Battle: Downtown Oakville Vs. Port Credit
- Best Date Night Restaurant Battle: Mississauga vs. Oakville
- Battle Results! Best Italian Food Battle: Mississauga Vs. Burlington
- Battle Results! Best Thai Food Battle: Mississauga vs. Oakville
- Battle Results! Best Burger Battle: Mississauga vs. Oakville