5 must-attend Halloween events in Mississauga
This October has been a difficult one, as Mississauga residents were forced to endure a nasty and anxiety-provoking election that is, thankfully, over. While not everyone is happy with the results, now is a good time to focus on something that unites almost all of us: Halloween.
This year, Halloween falls on Thursday, Oct. 31, and there are a ton of celebrations planned for Mississauga.
Here are five you don't want to miss (in no particular order).
If you have little ones, you should be happy to hear that Celebration Square is hosting Halloween Lab—a spooky twist on some fun, science experiments—on Saturday, Oct. 26 from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Attendees will have the opportunity to perform hands-on experiments, as well as witness live science shows at 12:45 p.m. and 2 p.m. There will also be a monster petting zoo, a sensory play station, and plenty of candy. Additionally, all attendees are encouraged to show up wearing their spookiest (or funniest) costumes.
On Friday, Oct. 25, you can start partying at 10:00 pm at the Desi Nights - Bollywood Halloween Party with DJ Dharak at The Rec Room in Square One in Mississauga. Attendees can groove to some of the most popular Bollywood, bhangra, Top 40 & Spanish tracks. This is 19+ event, so don't forget your government-issued ID is mandatory. Entry costs $20.00.
If you love to go clubbing, you probably want to check out Halloween Fear Factory at Central Nightclub in Mississauga. One of the busiest nights of the year, the event will feature bottle service (for those who want to purchase it) and the music of DJ Eric the Tutor. The event will take place on Saturday, Oct. 26. The event is 19+.
If you want to celebrate on actual Halloween, you can! On Thursday, Oct. 31, The Rec Room's Halloween Carnival will kick off at 9:00 pm and run until 1:00 am on Nov. 1. Attendees can enjoy unlimited gameplay, a costume contest, music from DJ Mensa, magic by Savio Joseph, Psychic Tarot Readings with Naz and more. Redemption points will not be awarded and no masks or realistic replica weapons are permitted. Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the door. This is a 19+ event.
Another activity that's great for the family (and for Harry Potter fans of all ages). Featuring all things wizarding, Fantastic Beasts of Benares packs a historic house with two days full of potion-making, spell casting classes, crafts, games and prizes. Attendees can also enjoy quill writing in invisible ink, an artisans market, visits with real-life beasts, wizarding world treats, and other magical surprises. This event will run from Saturday, Oct. 26, to Sunday, Oct. 27.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here’s what we know about huge Halloween event coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Huge Halloween Event Coming to Celebration Square in Mississauga
- Series of Halloween Events Kicking off in Mississauga Very Soon
- Top 5 Halloween Party Events in Mississauga
- Spooky Nighttime Halloween Event Coming to Mississauga