Yard Waste Collections Comes Early in Mississauga
If you were hoping to dispose of some yard waste a little earlier than usual, you're in luck -- yard waste collection kicked off today in Mississauga and Brampton.
Given the unseasonably warm weather we've been having, the news is not at all unwelcome.
According to a recent article in the Mississauga News, the early start should give residents more time for yard clean up and additional collection days to put out unlimited amounts of lawn or garden material for pickup.
Despite the schedule change, all other yard waste rules remain the same. The waste must be put out by 7 am on collection days and placed in the appropriate bin, bag or container. The trash should be stored in a firm and reusable container with exterior handles and the receptacle should be labelled clearly. It also must be smaller than 24 inches wide and 38 inches high and weigh less than 44 pounds.
If you have yet to toss your old grey or blue bins, you'll be happy to know you can store your lawn waste in those.
For more info, click here.
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Two provinces hardest hit by COVID-19 see cases trend downward over last-week totals
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- Rental rates for some units fell close to 10 per cent at the end of 2020 in Mississauga