Yard Waste Collections Comes Early in Mississauga
If you were hoping to dispose of some yard waste a little earlier than usual, you're in luck -- yard waste collection kicked off today in Mississauga and Brampton.
Given the unseasonably warm weather we've been having, the news is not at all unwelcome.
According to a recent article in the Mississauga News, the early start should give residents more time for yard clean up and additional collection days to put out unlimited amounts of lawn or garden material for pickup.
Despite the schedule change, all other yard waste rules remain the same. The waste must be put out by 7 am on collection days and placed in the appropriate bin, bag or container. The trash should be stored in a firm and reusable container with exterior handles and the receptacle should be labelled clearly. It also must be smaller than 24 inches wide and 38 inches high and weigh less than 44 pounds.
If you have yet to toss your old grey or blue bins, you'll be happy to know you can store your lawn waste in those.
For more info, click here.
- McDonald’s showing appreciation for Canadian teachers
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 29
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 29
- Three women injured in Mississauga apartment attack
- Amber alert called off as girls found safe