Yard Waste Collection Begins Next Month
Yard waste collection is slated to start soon, so get your bags ready!
The Region of Peel recently reminded Brampton and Mississauga residents that yard waste collection starts on Monday, July, 3, and runs bi-weekly until the week of Friday, September 29.
Residents are encouraged to use When Does It Go to check their waste management calendar or download their schedule.
Yard waste can also be dropped off at the Region’s Community Recycling Centres (CRCs). Yard waste drop off is always free of charge at the Bolton and Caledon locations. At all other CRC locations, a $5 flat rate applies for loads up to and including 50 kilograms (110 pounds). A fee of 10 cents per kilogram applies for loads greater than 50 kilogram.
It’s important to note that residents in the Canadian Food Inspection Agency Asian Long-Horned Beetle quarantined area of Malton cannot move any yard waste, nursery stock, trees, logs, lumber, wood, wood chips and bark chips out of the restricted area. Yard waste in this area will be collected from the curbside on regularly scheduled collection days, but cannot be accepted for drop-off at any of the Region’s CRCs.
Yard waste must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on a resident’s collection day. It should be placed in acceptable bins, containers and/or bags.
According to the region, A bin/container used for yard waste collection must be:
- clearly labelled "yard waste"
- rigid and reusable with handles that are attached or molded to the exterior,
- smaller than 60 cm (24 in.) wide and 95 cm (38 in.) high, and,
- weigh less than 20 kg (44 lbs.), when full.
A Kraft brown paper bag used for yard waste collection must:
- support a maximum weigh of 20 kg (44 lbs.) when lifted, without tearing,
- securely close when full, and,
- be smaller than 66 cm (26 in.) wide and 90 cm (35 in.) high.
Residents can use their old garbage container or blue/grey box to set out yard waste for collection. All repurposed containers must be in good condition and clearly labelled "yard waste" to be collected.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- House of the Week: $5.9 mil contemporary stunner in Cooksville
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Ontario makes temporary change so businesses can avoid paying severance
- House of the Week: $2 mil home with gorgeous, upgraded interior