Work on Oakville noise walls could cause traffic delays
Published August 19, 2021 at 4:35 pm
Oakville residents driving along Upper Middle Road, from Canada Court to Golden Briar Trail, could be in for some traffic delays over the next three months due to construction.
Work to replace to noise walls along Upper Middle Road is set to begin this month and run through to November.
Halton Region said construction on each segment of the noise walls on Upper Middle Road from Canada Court to Golden Briar Trail is expected to take between two to four weeks to complete.
Construction could also result in possible lane shifts or lane restrictions.
“We will make every effort to minimize any potential inconvenience,” the Region said. “Emergency vehicle access will be maintained at all times.”
The Region is asking that anyone with personal items within a metre of an existing noise wall remove them as to avoid the risk of damage during construction.
Work crews will be installing temporary chain-link fencing to delineate the construction area from people’s backyards.
Wherever possible, work crews will put mitigation plans in place to minimize disruptions. To plan for construction activity:
- Dust and mud: There may be increased levels of dust and mud near the worksite. The contractor is required to manage these impacts.
- Erosion and sediment controls: Halton will install erosion and sediment control measures for the project’s duration, including a tree protection fence with heavy-duty silt fabric around the perimeter of the project site.
- Noise: You may experience noise as a result of Regional improvements. Halton will schedule work per local noise by-laws.
- Precondition photos: In the coming weeks, a Halton Region representative will take pictures of the project site before the project begins.
- Tree removals: To accommodate the construction of the noise walls, pruning or removal of hazardous trees may be required.
- Truck traffic: You will notice occasional increases in truck traffic around the ongoing work. Please be aware and use extra caution while driving.
- Vibration: You may experience some vibration due to ongoing work. As a precaution, the region recommends removing or securing objects on shelves and walls inside your home.
- Park Access: Access to Morrison Valley Trail near the intersection of Upper Middle Road and Golden Briar Trail will need to be closed temporarily while the nearby noise wall is constructed. The trial access will be re-opened when the area is clear of construction activity.