Woman charged following "warm-up" car theft in Mississauga
A woman is facing charges in connection with an alleged “warm-up theft” in Mississauga.
Peel police say that in the early morning hours of Feb. 17, 2021, members of the service’s Auto Theft Unit were conducting a mobile patrol targeting “warm-up style thefts” in the Goreway Drive and Morning Star Drive area.
Police say that around 7:00 a.m., officers received a call regarding the alleged theft of a vehicle from a residence in the area.
According to police, officers located the stolen vehicle and the driver was arrested without incident. Police say the keys and vehicle were recovered undamaged.
Police say a 26-year-old woman from Mississauga was charged with possession of stolen property obtained by crime. The accused will appear in court on April 27, 2021.
“Members of the community are reminded to be attentive and maintain awareness; it only takes a moment for an unattended running vehicle to be taken,” police said in a news release.
Anyone with information that could assist investigators with this incident and other vehicle thefts of this nature is asked to call investigators at the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau (905) 453-2121, Ext. 1233.
- Two arrested in vehicle theft investigation; police seize vehicles, drugs and cash
- Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
- Two Men Arrested in Connection With Mississauga Car Theft
- Two police cars rammed by stolen vehicle in Mississauga, Brampton pair charged
- Mississauga Woman Arrested in Connection with Creative Truck Theft
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Costco scam targeting residents in Mississauga and Brampton
- 32-hour marathon vaccination event coming to Mississauga with special guests
- Brampton gets new COVID vaccination site run by William Osler
- Mississauga houses fly off the market as average sale price passes $1 million