Woman charged following "warm-up" car theft in Mississauga
A woman is facing charges in connection with an alleged “warm-up theft” in Mississauga.
Peel police say that in the early morning hours of Feb. 17, 2021, members of the service’s Auto Theft Unit were conducting a mobile patrol targeting “warm-up style thefts” in the Goreway Drive and Morning Star Drive area.
Police say that around 7:00 a.m., officers received a call regarding the alleged theft of a vehicle from a residence in the area.
According to police, officers located the stolen vehicle and the driver was arrested without incident. Police say the keys and vehicle were recovered undamaged.
Police say a 26-year-old woman from Mississauga was charged with possession of stolen property obtained by crime. The accused will appear in court on April 27, 2021.
“Members of the community are reminded to be attentive and maintain awareness; it only takes a moment for an unattended running vehicle to be taken,” police said in a news release.
Anyone with information that could assist investigators with this incident and other vehicle thefts of this nature is asked to call investigators at the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau (905) 453-2121, Ext. 1233.
- Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
- Two arrested in vehicle theft investigation; police seize vehicles, drugs and cash
- Two Men Arrested in Connection With Mississauga Car Theft
- Two police cars rammed by stolen vehicle in Mississauga, Brampton pair charged
- Mississauga Woman Arrested in Connection with Creative Truck Theft
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Police discover remains of deceased infant in basement of Hamilton home
- Peel District School Board issues apology for racially insensitive content on internal webpage for staff
- Mississauga pressing to enter red-zone on March 9
- Police searching for suspect in connection to stabbing in Mississauga