Woman assaulted by stranger in unprovoked attack in Mississauga: Police
Peel Police have put out a public safety alert regarding what they say was an unprovoked stranger assault in Mississauga.
The incident happened around 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 17, when a 32 year old Mississauga woman was out walking eastbound on Derry close to Forest Park Drive.
An unknown suspect allegedly came up from behind the victim, grabbed hold of her, and repeatedly punched her.
“She began to scream, which caused the suspect to take off running towards Summer Heights Drive,” said police.
Police say the victim was uninjured.
The suspect is described as a South Asian male in his late 20s with an average build. He was reportedly wearing a grey hat, dark jeans, and a black sweatshirt.
“In the interest of public safety, police would like to remind the public to keep any earphones or sound-canceling headphones to a minimum, when possible, walk-in groups, take routes which are well-lit and visible to the public. Especially during the evening and early morning hours, and do your best to be aware of your surroundings,” police advised.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone with further information is asked to call 905-453-2121, ext. 1133
- Police Issue Public Safety Advisory After Alleged Street Robberies With Guns in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspect after woman sexually assaulted in Mississauga
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection With Theft and Fraud Investigation in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Suspect of Robbery and Sexual Assault in Mississauga
- Police Warning Public About Suspect Impersonating Police Officer in Mississauga and Brampton
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel
- Tim Hortons giving away free coffee
- VIDEO: Police looking for suspect who burned American flag in Mississauga
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- City plans to rename Mississauga library in honour of Hazel McCallion’s 100th birthday