What’s Open and Closed Civic Holiday Monday in Mississauga
Published August 4, 2014 at 1:04 pm
This year, the Civic Holiday falls on Monday, August 2, 2021, in Mississauga.
This long weekend, some businesses might have different rules due to the COVID-19 pandemic and strict capacity limits could be in effect at a number of public indoor spaces.
As of now, private indoor gatherings of up to 25 people are permitted in Mississauga and the rest of Ontario. Outdoor gatherings and organized public events of up to 100 people are also allowed, but some events (such as sporting events) are permitted to allow more people.
Here’s what’s open and closed:
- Mississauga’s Square One Shopping Centre is open from 11 am to 7 pm (individual stores may operate at different hours)
- Walmart Supercentre will be open at Square One
- Whole Foods will be open at Square One
- The Food District will be open at Square One
- The Rec Room will be open at Square One
- Most stores and restaurants at Heartland Town Centre will be open, but individual hours may vary (so call ahead to be sure)
- Erin Mills Town Centre is open from 11 am to 7 pm
- Dixie Value Mall is open from 11 am to 6 pm
- Most grocery stores (including Rabba grocery stores) are open, but call ahead to be sure
- Most bars and restaurants that are typically open on Mondays are open, but call ahead to be sure and remember that local establishments may not yet be prepared to offer indoor dining due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Select Beer Store locations will be open from 11 am to 6 pm, including:
- 6780 Town Centre Circle
- 3535 Etude Dr.
- 2925 Eglinton Ave. W.
- 5800 McLaughlin Rd.
- 3154 Hurontario St.
- 1550 Dundas St. E.
- 2458 Dundas St. W.
- Most Shoppers Drug Marts
- Movie theatres
- Mississauga Chinese Centre (but hours for individual stores and restaurants may vary, so call ahead)
- For urgent homelessness supports, including food, supplies, referrals, and shelter, call the Street Helpline 24/7 at 1-877-848-8481. For information on emergency shelter, visit the emergency shelter web page or call 905-450-1996.
- Vaccination clinics that are currently open will remain open on the holiday
Other major malls that are open:
– Toronto Premium Outlets (11 am to 7 pm)
– Bramalea City Centre (11 am to 6 pm)
– Vaughan Mills (11 am to 7 pm)
– Sherway Gardens (11 am to 7 pm)
– Yorkdale Shopping Centre (11 am to 7 pm)
– Eaton Centre (11 am to 7 pm)
– Pacific Mall (11 am to 8 pm)
- Government offices
- City Hall
- Region of Peel non-emergency services, including Access Peel Counters, Dental Services Contact Centre, Early Years and Child Care Services, Family Health Call Centre, Healthy Sexuality Clinic, Needle Exchange Program – Mobile Van, Ontario Works in Peel and the Peel Living Office
- Community Centres
- Canada Post (no mail pick up or delivery)
- Community Recycling Centres
- Garbage and recycling will be collected one day later
- MiWay will operate on a holiday schedule. Some routes will not operate due to low customer demand, including:
- 28 Confederation
- 35 Eglinton-Ninth Line
- 46 Tenth Line-Osprey
- 48 Erin Mills
- 68 Terry Fox
- GO Transit will operate on a Sunday schedule
- TransHelp: All trips for Monday, August 2 and Tuesday, August 3 must be booked by 6 p.m. on Sunday, August 1. On August 2, TransHelp will operate from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.; and the TransHelp office will be closed, with regular hours resuming on Tuesday, August 3.
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies