WestJet offering enhanced COVID-19 insurance coverage
WestJet customers are now eligible for additional COVID-19-related insurance coverage.
The company announced as of September 25, passengers travelling from, to, or through the U.S. will be eligible for the airline's enhanced $200,000 CAD COVID-19 travel insurance coverage for air-only and vacation reservations.
The enhanced coverage will retroactively include all bookings made as of September 18, and will increase by double the original amount to include up to a maximum of $200,000 at no additional charge to eligible guests.
Additionally, any WestJet air-only reservation including WestJet Vacations bookings for travel to and from the U.S., Mexico, the Caribbean, Europe—including the U.K.—and inbound to Canada will be eligible for the coverage for up to 21 days for travel into and including August 31, 2021, through new partner TuGo.
Further, coverage is available for up to seven days for one-way travel reservations.
"Our research shows that a lack of COVID insurance is a considerable barrier to travel and our guests were seeking the inclusion of U.S. destinations to our travel insurance offering," Arved von zur Muehlen, chief commercial officer for WestJet, said in a news release.
"Eligible guests travelling to and from the destinations we serve can now have an added layer of confidence knowing they are covered for up to $200,000 CAD against unforeseen medical costs related to COVID-19 when booking with WestJet,” he continued.
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Province issues two new emergency orders to combat rise in hospitalizations in Mississauga and Brampton
- PHOTOS: What the old Tim Hortons building in Mississauga look like now
- 'No longer considered peaceful': Arrests made following protest in Mississauga and Brampton
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Roads closed off after fatal crash in Brampton