WestJet offering enhanced COVID-19 insurance coverage
WestJet customers are now eligible for additional COVID-19-related insurance coverage.
The company announced as of September 25, passengers travelling from, to, or through the U.S. will be eligible for the airline's enhanced $200,000 CAD COVID-19 travel insurance coverage for air-only and vacation reservations.
The enhanced coverage will retroactively include all bookings made as of September 18, and will increase by double the original amount to include up to a maximum of $200,000 at no additional charge to eligible guests.
Additionally, any WestJet air-only reservation including WestJet Vacations bookings for travel to and from the U.S., Mexico, the Caribbean, Europe—including the U.K.—and inbound to Canada will be eligible for the coverage for up to 21 days for travel into and including August 31, 2021, through new partner TuGo.
Further, coverage is available for up to seven days for one-way travel reservations.
"Our research shows that a lack of COVID insurance is a considerable barrier to travel and our guests were seeking the inclusion of U.S. destinations to our travel insurance offering," Arved von zur Muehlen, chief commercial officer for WestJet, said in a news release.
"Eligible guests travelling to and from the destinations we serve can now have an added layer of confidence knowing they are covered for up to $200,000 CAD against unforeseen medical costs related to COVID-19 when booking with WestJet,” he continued.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Major road closed in aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- Top 5 bakeries in Mississauga in 2021
- ‘You don’t want to fall into that three per cent category’: Ontario ICU doctor on battling COVID-19
- Environment Canada issues snowfall warning for Mississauga
- This Mississauga neighbourhood has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario