Niagara Police investigating Welland man attacked with crowbar and run over by truck
Police in Niagara Region say a man who was attacked with a crowbar and then run over by a pickup truck in Welland is fighting for his life.
According to police, the targeted attacked occurred following a minor vehicle collision yesterday (April 4) in the area of Alberta St. and Ontario Rd. in Welland at around 6:30 p.m.
They say the 28-year-old victim was assaulted by two men, one armed with a crowbar. When the victim fell onto the street he was then struck by a pickup truck that was driving by.
The victim was taken to hospital where he is in life-threatening condition.
Police are now looking for the two men responsible.
One is described as white, 45-years-old, 6-foot-4, 240 lbs. and wearing a tan-coloured coat,
The second man is white, 25-years-old, 5-foot-9 and wearing a purple and white hoodie.
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at 905-688-4111 ext. 1009077
- Police hoping to get information on collision that killed an 88-year-old Welland man
- Police investigating after three elderly residents attacked in Mississauga stabbing
- Assault charges in Welland upped to murder after victim's death
- Welland man dead after head-on collision
- Child in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga: Police
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Hamilton Tiger-Cats make final cuts, hometown receiver among practice squad signings