Niagara Police investigating Welland man attacked with crowbar and run over by truck
Police in Niagara Region say a man who was attacked with a crowbar and then run over by a pickup truck in Welland is fighting for his life.
According to police, the targeted attacked occurred following a minor vehicle collision yesterday (April 4) in the area of Alberta St. and Ontario Rd. in Welland at around 6:30 p.m.
They say the 28-year-old victim was assaulted by two men, one armed with a crowbar. When the victim fell onto the street he was then struck by a pickup truck that was driving by.
The victim was taken to hospital where he is in life-threatening condition.
Police are now looking for the two men responsible.
One is described as white, 45-years-old, 6-foot-4, 240 lbs. and wearing a tan-coloured coat,
The second man is white, 25-years-old, 5-foot-9 and wearing a purple and white hoodie.
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at 905-688-4111 ext. 1009077
- Police investigating after three elderly residents attacked in Mississauga stabbing
- Child in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga: Police
- Police Asking for Help in Identifying Owner of Dog Who Attacked Child
- Pedestrian Injured in Hit and Run Collision With Truck in Mississauga
- Police Identify Victim Who Was Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers