Well-Known Mexican Restaurant Opening Brand New Location in Mississauga
Well, here's some interesting—and exciting—news for you.
The popular independent gem Border MX, which has been operating a very successful resto in Cooksville for a few years now, is opening a second location in Mississauga.
Where might this second location be?
In the old Cantina Mexicana space in Streetsville.
"We're moving into old Cantina Mexicana Spot," chef and co-owner Viri Roco told insauga.com. "We are planning on opening the first week of August."
Rico says that the pair behind the authentic Mexican restaurant have no plans to shutter their Cooksville location. The Streetsville location, which has been home to Mexican cuisine for years, will be the growing restaurant's second location.
"It'll have the same menu as Cooksville location," says Rico. "The same homemade food, same style."
In time, however, the menu could evolve. The restaurant will also pay homage to Mexican culture and heritage.
“We’re doing a mural of Frida Kahlo with a Mexican painter,” says co-owner Jorge Ortega. “It shows a piece of Mexico to Canadians.”
The one key difference is that this new location will offer a patio, something both restaurant owners are extra excited about.
The news of the second location is exciting, especially when considering the fact that Streetsville just welcomed the brand new El Mariachi Tacos and Churros to the neighbourhood. Now, it looks like the little village in the city could quickly become a hotspot for authentic Mexican food.
Is Streetsville becoming the new Port Credit?
Rico says the restaurant will host a grand opening sometime in the middle of August.
- One of Mississauga’s Best Restaurants About to Celebrate Grand Opening
- Very Popular Restaurant Shutters Well-Known Location in Mississauga
- Brand New Mexican Restaurant Opening in Mississauga
- Mexican Restaurant Opens First Mississauga Location
- Fresh Mexican Food Joint to Open New Location in Mississauga
- Police investigating reports of woman being forced into vehicle in Mississauga
- Police searching for suspects following break and enter in Mississauga
- Doug Ford suggests that restrictions on Mississauga could be eased after the 28-day rollback ends
- Police say body of what appears to be missing teen from Bradford, Ont., found
- Data suggests restaurants, gyms not responsible for spread of COVID-19 in Peel