WEATHER WARNING: Heavy Rainfall May Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga
There is an ongoing weather alert for rainfall that is expected to last until Monday morning (April 15).
“An area of heavy rain with embedded thunderstorms is moving through the Golden Horseshoe this evening,” says Environment Canada.
“It should move east of the area by late evening. Only light precipitation is expected in the overnight period.”
Total rainfall amounts of 20 to 40 mm are likely, the report says.
Flooding is possible at watercourses, low-lying areas, and roads, potentially causing some difficulties for the Monday morning commute.
Residents are advised to drive cautiously and keep a safe distance away from any flooded areas.
- Arrest made after man allegedly tied used condoms to cars in Mississauga
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- Police respond to person in distress in Mississauga
- Some regions moving into Stage 3 as Ontario continues its path to economic recovery
- Mississauga woman celebrating Lotto win