WEATHER WARNING: Heavy Rainfall May Impact Morning Commute in Mississauga
There is an ongoing weather alert for rainfall that is expected to last until Monday morning (April 15).
“An area of heavy rain with embedded thunderstorms is moving through the Golden Horseshoe this evening,” says Environment Canada.
“It should move east of the area by late evening. Only light precipitation is expected in the overnight period.”
Total rainfall amounts of 20 to 40 mm are likely, the report says.
Flooding is possible at watercourses, low-lying areas, and roads, potentially causing some difficulties for the Monday morning commute.
Residents are advised to drive cautiously and keep a safe distance away from any flooded areas.
- Mississauga Uber Driver Arrested After Two Sexual Assault Incidents
- This is Where Mississauga Ranks on the List of Canada’s Most Dangerous Cities
- 5 “Haunted” Conspiracy Theories That Exist In Mississauga
- What's Open and Closed Easter Weekend in Mississauga
- UPDATE on CLOSURE: Popular Japanese/Korean Restaurant in Mississauga Closed for Health Violations