Violent Mississauga Carjacking Suspect Charged
A Cambridge man is in handcuffs after six violent carjackings in Peel, Halton, and Waterloo.
"He was arrested in Waterloo Region" on July 5, said Peel Regional Police Const. Bally Saini.
The man is the third suspect charged in connection with a series of gunpoint carjackings between May 5 and May 10.
Many of the victims are female, said Saini.
It began in Milton on May 5.
The suspects approached a victim, making threats with a gun and another object, then took the victim's vehicle and property, said Saini.
May 8 was next, along Eastern Ave. in Brampton.
The suspects, who were allegedly driving a stolen vehicle, "intentionally struck a victim's vehicle from behind," said Saini.
The victim got out and was robbed at gunpoint.
The vehicle and property were taken.
On the same day, the suspects went to Hereford St. in Brampton where they approached a victim for another gunpoint robbery, making off with a car and property.
A victim in Kitchener-Waterloo was assaulted then robbed at gunpoint on May 9.
The suspects went back to Brampton on May 10, this time on Casper St.
"They intentionally struck a motor vehicle with their stolen vehicle," said Saini, then pulled a gun, taking "the victim's car and property."
It ended in Mississauga on May 10 at Winston Churchill Blvd. and Hwy. 401.
The suspects again struck the victim's vehicle, said Saini.
When the victim exited the vehicle, "they pushed [the victim] to the ground" before taking off with the victim's property.
The suspects were identified after a lengthy investigation by Peel's central robbery bureau.
Chery Pierre, 19, is charged with robbery with firearm plus numerous gun-related counts.
He's scheduled to appear in Brampton court Friday.
Two other suspects allegedly had guns when they were previously arrested.
Irshad Sabriye, 19, is charged with robbery with firearm plus numerous gun-related counts.
Ban Both, 18, was arrested on July 3.
Both is charged with robbery with firearm plus numerous gun-related counts.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with the central robbery bureau at (905) 453-2121 ext. 3410.
Photo: Peel Regional Police handout
- Peel Police Nab 2 Violent Carjacking Suspects
- Police investigating robbery in Mississauga, suspects believed to be driving vehicle stolen during carjacking in Brampton
- Gunpoint Carjacking Suspect Arrested in Mississauga
- Man charged following gunpoint carjacking in Mississauga
- Mississauga Boy Charged After Oakville Robbery Victim Beaten With Tree Branch
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga
- Male shot in Mississauga, taken to trauma centre
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Thunderstorms with hail expected in Hamilton and Niagara