VIDEO: Police plead for information after university student gunned down in Mississauga, offer $25,000 reward
Almost two years after the tragic slaying of 24-year-old university student Jackline Gore, Peel police are still looking for answers and asking anyone with any information at all to please come forward.
Police are even offering a $25,000 award to anyone who offers information that could lead to the arrest and conviction of Gore’s killer.
In the early morning hours of July 8, 2019, officers were called to Fume Bar and Lounge in the Torbram and Drew Road area following reports of a shooting. The unintended victim of the attack was Gore, a young woman from London, Ont.
Gore has been described as an outstanding woman and talented basketball player who earned herself a coveted university scholarship.
Police say that Gore was fatally struck by a stray bullet in the parking lot of the bar, where she had just been celebrating with friends, while making arrangements to get home.
“It is extremely important that we get the communities assistance in helping us solve this murder, to get justice for a family whose has lost their daughter, their sister and their friend,” police said in a news release.
Police have set up a designated tip line at 905-565-5727.
“Jackline Gore’s life was taken away [and] we won’t rest until perpetrators are found. Our appeal for witnesses: $25K reward for info leading to an arrest [and] conviction of persons responsible,” Chief Nishan Duraiappah wrote on Twitter.
Police say there were several witnesses that were in the area that have not yet had the opportunity to speak with investigators. Anyone with information is asked to contact the designated tip line. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting peelcrimestoppers.ca.
- Family and Police Seeking Answers After University Student Gunned Down in Mississauga
- Police offering $25,000 reward for information in Mississauga homicide
- Niagara Regional Police offering $50,000 for double-homicide information
- Police Offer $50,000 Reward for Capture of Pregnant Mississauga Woman’s Murderer
- Peel Police Makes Arrest in Parking Lot Shooting
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant