VIDEO: Iconic TV Spot Filmed at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
If you grew up in the 90s, you might remember a fun and fitness-focused TV spot that taught you a little bit about the value of fitness.
That TV spot was the locally-famous Body Break, a unique piece of nostalgia that consisted of 90-second programs that encouraged Canadians to “keep fit and have fun.” Partially funded by ParticipACTION, the program was hosted by Hal Johnson and Joanne McLeod—two local athletes who actually got married in 1999.
But while everyone who watched TV in the 90s remembers Body Break, not everyone remembers that an episode was filmed in Mississauga.
In fact, it was filmed at Erin Mills Town Centre, as a recent Retrontario video reminds us:
The video was released in 1993.
The best part of the video? The look back at the massive TV “jumbotron” in the centre square.
What’s your favourite EMTC memory?
- When Erin Mills Town Centre Had a Clock Tower
- Erin Mills Town Centre Receives Huge Accolade from Major Company
- Part of Erin Mills Town Centre Re-Opening with Food-Themed Celebration
- Something Very Unique Has Officially Opened at Erin Mills Town Centre in Mississauga
- A Limited-Time Weekend Market is Coming to Erin Mills Town Centre