VIDEO: Air Canada Plane Spins Off Runway at Pearson Airport
Just after midnight there was a scary moments for passengers on Air Canada Airbus 320 as it went off the runway after landing on runway 15R at Pearson International Airport.
Mississauga Fire crews along with Peel Paramedics and Pearson Fire Department responded to the call of an aircraft malfunction.
Air Canada flight AC623 arriving from Halifax touched down under foggy and wet condition before making contact with the grassy area outside of the runway.
The plane came to a stop with an apparent damaged rear landing gear and a big quantity of mud on its belly and engines.
Numerous emergency vehicles surrounded the aircraft and lit it up with powerful spotlights.
About an hour after the incident, passengers were seen offloading the damaged plane on portable stairs before making their way into buses that carried them to the terminal.
Firemen and airport staff investigated the fuselage of the A320 with flashlights, combing the structure and looking for further damage.
Fire fighters were seen helping some of the passengers off the plane and climbing down temporary stairs safely to the ground.
There was no reports of any major injuries.
- Former City Council Candidate Files Complaint Against Mississauga Councillor
- One of the Tallest Buildings in Canada is coming to Mississauga
- Should You Be Worried About Your Pets Getting Ticks?
- Students Can Now Apply for OSAP Earlier Than Ever in Mississauga and Beyond
- Find the Perfect Back-to-School Products at MUJI Square One in Mississauga
- Here's Why This Air Canada Plane Slid Off the Runway at Pearson
- Police Investigating Possible Plane Fire at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Passengers Evacuated After Planes Collide at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Electrical Fire on Plane at Pearson Airport
- VIDEO: Plane Crashes Into Pole at Pearson Airport