VIDEO: Air Canada Plane Spins Off Runway at Pearson Airport
Just after midnight there was a scary moments for passengers on Air Canada Airbus 320 as it went off the runway after landing on runway 15R at Pearson International Airport.
Mississauga Fire crews along with Peel Paramedics and Pearson Fire Department responded to the call of an aircraft malfunction.
Air Canada flight AC623 arriving from Halifax touched down under foggy and wet condition before making contact with the grassy area outside of the runway.
The plane came to a stop with an apparent damaged rear landing gear and a big quantity of mud on its belly and engines.
Numerous emergency vehicles surrounded the aircraft and lit it up with powerful spotlights.
About an hour after the incident, passengers were seen offloading the damaged plane on portable stairs before making their way into buses that carried them to the terminal.
Firemen and airport staff investigated the fuselage of the A320 with flashlights, combing the structure and looking for further damage.
Fire fighters were seen helping some of the passengers off the plane and climbing down temporary stairs safely to the ground.
There was no reports of any major injuries.
- UPDATED: Police Searching for Missing Man From Mississauga
- Police Searching for Missing Teen in Mississauga
- This Missing Mississauga Teen Has Been Found
- Emergency Crews on Scene at Residential House Fire in Mississauga
- Mississauga Set to Make Joint Bid for Amazon's Second North American Headquarters
- Police Investigating Possible Plane Fire at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Electrical Fire on Plane at Pearson Airport
- Runway Renovations Ongoing at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- Plane Lands Safely in Mississauga Despite Reports of Smoke
- Plane Involved in Collision at Pearson Airport in Mississauga