VIDEO: Aftermath of double fatal collision in Mississauga
Two people are dead following a single-vehicle collision in Mississauga.
Peel police say the fatal crash took place shortly after 7:00 am on May 8 in the Burnhamthorpe Rd. and Promontory Crescent area.
Police say a single vehicle left the roadway and caught fire.
Police say that eastbound Burnhamthorpe is closed at Mississauga Rd. and westbound Burnhamthorpe is closed at The Credit Woodlands.
The closure could last several hours, police say.
Commuters are asked to find alternate routes.
UPDATE 6:28P.M.: Eastbound Burnhamthorpe Road is now open but westbound is still closed.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of crash that left two dead and highway lanes closed for 24 hours
- Road closed following fatal crash in Mississauga
- Halton Police's initial investigation shows it was collision, not single-vehicle crash, that led to death of male passenger in Halton Hills
- Motorcyclist in trauma centre following collision in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Aftermath of fatal crash involving motorcyclist in Brampton
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Brampton reveals photo radar locations
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Doner kebab chain opens Mississauga location