VIDEO: Adorable baby geese hatch at police station in Mississauga
They might not be as cute as Baby Yoda (because no creature is or ever will be and we all have to be okay with that), but they’re pretty close.
On May 4 (better known as Star Wars Day), Peel Regional Police officers were greeted by the site of six goslings who will, we hope, grow big and strong to serve and protect the people of Mississauga (and possibly Brampton, but that’s up to them to decide).
Police posted a brief video on Twitter showing the brand new babies and their proud mom in what looks like a planter of sorts.
We have good news!— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) May 4, 2020
The eggs have hatched outside @PeelPolice headquarters and we now have 6 new goslings patrolling the property.
Penelope & Maverick welcome Rey, Leah, Finn, Po, D-0 & of course, @RyanGosling#WeAllNeedGoodNews#MayThe4thBeWithYou pic.twitter.com/dDD6yPeYuy
The eggs hatched at the service’s police headquarters in the Mississauga Road and Derry Rd. W. area.
In honour of Star Wars Day, police named the babies Rey, Leia, Finn, Po, D-0 and Ryan Gosling (one name doesn’t quite fit the theme).
Penelope and Maverick are the proud parents of the fuzzy goslings, according to police.
- Here's where you can get an adorable Baby Yoda Christmas sweater
- Peel Regional Police Hire New Chief of Police
- Peel Regional Police To Swear-In New Chief
- Peel Regional Police Chief to hold town hall meetings in wake of police-involved shooting of man in crisis in Mississauga
- Peel Regional Police closing Divisions for non-emergency services
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at Mississauga retirement home
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26