Very Interesting New Feature Coming to Facebook
Facebook has been under fire for allegations of violating users' privacy lately, but recently at the F8 (aka. the conference for Facebook Developers), the social media giant announced plans for some unique new features.
If you're looking for love, you might be intrigued by one very interesting new feature that Facebook has planned in particular. Think Tinder, Hinge, and Facebook combined.
That's right, Facebook is stepping into the realm of dating apps!
"We’re building a feature for dating and relationships within the Facebook app," said the company in a recent release.
"People already use Facebook to meet new people, and we want to make that experience better."
Here's what the feature might look like:
Photo courtesy of Facebook
Conversation starters and private messaging are just two parts of the feature that users might be able to access in the near future.
"People will be able to create a dating profile that is separate from their Facebook profile — and potential matches will be recommended based on dating preferences, things in common, and mutual friends. They’ll have the option to discover others with similar interests through their Groups or Events."
The statement reads that the dating feature will be kept private - if you use the dating feature, your activity won't be shared with or shown to your friends.
There is no word yet on when the app might officially launch, but testing is slated to begin later in 2018.
Would you use a dating feature on Facebook?
- Facebook Dating Officially Launches in Canada
- Dating App Tinder Launches New Safety Feature
- Here's How to Find Out if Your Private Information Was Shared in Facebook's Major Data Breach
- Facebook Under Investigation for Possible Privacy Violations
- 50 Million Accounts Affected By Huge Facebook Security Breach
- One arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Intersection gets a fun makeover in Mississauga
- Super cute pastry café now open at Square One in Mississauga
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods